Author Topic: Stockport (A)  (Read 14347 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport (A)
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 04:05:08 PM »
Didn't realise Jordan Keane was playing for Stockport yesterday and pleased we showed we can manage without him.
United we stand..................

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 05:56:38 PM »
Short highlights - http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-3614377

What happened at the start....did the guy just pass it to himself?
                                                                                                                                        Yes he did indeed pass it to himself, not a good start for Stockport, the ref gave us a free kick on the centre spot.         

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 03:43:15 PM »
Reading and listening to all-things Stockport County said around here, many of their fans still can't get their heads around the fact they're playing such as Curzon Ashton, FC United of Manchester and Altrincham in the National League North and have been overtaken by Salford City. On their Fans Forum many make comments that they're still rivals of and still should be just one division below (as indeed they were when I left Boston to move over here) Manchester United and Manchester City.

Well, they've been at National League North level for 5 or 6 seasons now, and still there are lots of derogatory remarks made about their opponents, especially of course, when they lose. And, even though this supporter was angry at his own team's performance and recognised our good play - just look how dismissive he is of us.

"It was an awful performance we got tonked at home, outplayed, out muscled, and our tactics were outdone. Nothing positive from yesterday at all. It’s time Jim and his players start to do what they are paid to do now and I’ll remind you who this was by................. BOSTON UNITED!"

If I knew who he was I'd tell him to check where we are in the league table in relation to them, and remind himself of what level of football they're playing at these days.

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
Reading and listening to all-things Stockport County said around here, many of their fans still can't get their heads around the fact they're playing such as Curzon Ashton, FC United of Manchester and Altrincham in the National League North and have been overtaken by Salford City. On their Fans Forum many make comments that they're still rivals of and still should be just one division below (as indeed they were when I left Boston to move over here) Manchester United and Manchester City.

Well, they've been at National League North level for 5 or 6 seasons now, and still there are lots of derogatory remarks made about their opponents, especially of course, when they lose. And, even though this supporter was angry at his own team's performance and recognised our good play - just look how dismissive he is of us.

"It was an awful performance we got tonked at home, outplayed, out muscled, and our tactics were outdone. Nothing positive from yesterday at all. It’s time Jim and his players start to do what they are paid to do now and I’ll remind you who this was by................. BOSTON UNITED!"

If I knew who he was I'd tell him to check where we are in the league table in relation to them, and remind himself of what level of football they're playing at these days.
They need reminding that they are at this level for a reason, because they are a club which has found its level.
Until they realise that they will be never be able to move on, we all had to accept it when the same happened to us.
The reason they are so derogatory about us is because we are a club and team that are finally moving forward, yes we sometimes have some setbacks, but with a chairman that believes in this club and a very hardworking no nonsense manager and the new stadium now under construction, Stockport fans are very envious and jealous of us.
I too have read those comments and opinions about their manager and chairman/ board, but perhaps they should be reminded that without those who put the money in, they would not have a club at all.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »
Some highlights from a fan
Best bit is the 2nd goal
"We're getting asked who are we by Boston United"
 ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jxUE2nbjA

In truth I've have lost patience had we had 6 years doing fvck all in the UCL or equivalent standard because that's about what it is.....

I certainly didn't get any pics of the scoreboard because after all, we beat a side below us in the league!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 06:45:13 AM »
Can we play every game away near Manchester this season!

We've had more wins near Manchester than Jose Mourinho this season!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »
Some highlights from a fan
Best bit is the 2nd goal
"We're getting asked who are we by Boston United"
 ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jxUE2nbjA

In truth I've have lost patience had we had 6 years doing fvck all in the UCL or equivalent standard because that's about what it is.....

I certainly didn't get any pics of the scoreboard because after all, we beat a side below us in the league!

Pineapples got skills :)