Author Topic: Kidderminster today  (Read 14954 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster today
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »
So are we expecting some departures and arrivals, listening to both of CE interviews it seems to me that he is not impressed by what he has signed.

Only himself and the scout to blame.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 08:34:28 AM »
So are we expecting some departures and arrivals, listening to both of CE interviews it seems to me that he is not impressed by what he has signed.

Only himself and the scout to blame.

100% spot on

However I do like the fact CE admits to his mistakes and doesn't try to deflect any blame. His honesty is refreshing.

Just as an aside, the three  ex Lincoln City players (Margetts, Marriott and Arnold) all seem to be a collective let down.

A question.

Can anyone remember an ex Imp who really shone here?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »
Jim Smith, Percy Freeman
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:47 AM »
Spencer Weir-Daley (OK, was only on loan at Lincoln), Matt Carmichael, Phil Brown, Peter Costello, David Gilbert...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:43 AM »
Ollie Ryan, but l can remember him missing a bucket full of chances.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 10:51:45 AM »
Ollie Ryan, but l can remember him missing a bucket full of chances.

Ill still get nightmares over that late open goal miss against Cambridge in the cup

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
Andy Graver & John Garvie .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2018, 11:53:24 AM »
Let down is harsh. Still early we have played some great stuff at times, and players need a bit of time, im sure two of the three will come good.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »
Nathan Arnold has drifted in and out of games at time but "let down" is harsh. His goals against Alty and Nuneaton were superb. He is not, however, the kind of player who can carry a team like Ricky Miller could from a similar position. That's not a criticism, he's just a different kind of player I think. Problem CE has is that it's a Ricky Miller type we could do with - find that missing edge in the final third and the rest of the "let down" players will suddenly look a lot better...

youngchubby69

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
Nathan Arnold has drifted in and out of games at time but "let down" is harsh. His goals against Alty and Nuneaton were superb. He is not, however, the kind of player who can carry a team like Ricky Miller could from a similar position. That's not a criticism, he's just a different kind of player I think. Problem CE has is that it's a Ricky Miller type we could do with - find that missing edge in the final third and the rest of the "let down" players will suddenly look a lot better...
Yes Pete you are right, if only we could have signed Reece Thompson, we need a pest up front who never gives in.
But at the moment we just need to crack on with what we have got and make things happen.
Hopefully now with the arrival of Davies and Keane, Harris will be able to play in the midfield and start to add a bit of bite in their.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
Keane. Really ? seen him in two games now and he's done nothing for me.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 05:57:18 PM »
Keane. Really ? seen him in two games now and he's done nothing for me.

TEP
Well at least give the lad a chance, and don't forget he has only just linked up with us.
You can't judge a player on 2 games and not even 2 full games.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
Seems to me that CE keeps changing our formation to give different squad members a chance to prove their worth. We cant seem to start with a settled side. I dont think making Willis captain is working. We need a midfielder who can help out in attack and defence equally.

youngchubby69

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
Seems to me that CE keeps changing our formation to give different squad members a chance to prove their worth. We cant seem to start with a settled side. I dont think making Willis captain is working. We need a midfielder who can help out in attack and defence equally.
We have one Spencer Harris, and he was captain at Shaw Lane.
But l agree with you that he keeps trying to play players in different formations.
We do need to have a settled team now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »
I think the problem is we do not have enough quality players to be a playoff team .

Certainly any front three we have put out this season have not matched Hemmings ,Thompson and Rollins .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:53:48 PM by green hats mate »