Author Topic: Kidderminster today  (Read 14953 times)

youngchubby69

Kidderminster today
« on: September 01, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »
Not looking very good so far, sitting here in the sunshine watching, and l am afraid it's men against boys.
Let's just hope Kidderminster don't go for the kill in the second half or this may become a very heavy defeat.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster today
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
Early season promise when sitting high in the league now seems long forgotten and we are now in our customary position of playing catch up again  :-[  Sounds like consistency and creativity are going to cost us again this season unless something drastic happens. Early days still, but things are not looking as promising as they did a few weeks back. 

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
I was very optimistic prior to the season starting, but have not been impressed. The "big" signings have been invisible (looks as if CE agrees!), defence suspect (no centre back) and midfield misfiring (Abott and Thanoj were outstanding end of last season, but off the pace this term). Hope Craig can sort it.

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
It's a defeat and  Craig Elliott has lost his record of not being beaten 3 times in a row.
We have some serious issues to sort out, no Arnold or Margets, and Jackson today.
We have gone 3 games without scoring and that is a massive problem.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 05:35:33 PM »
Marriot, Maggot and Arnold haven't impressed me at all. Over rated and over paid if the figures are correct.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »
Jackson is now finished on his ban.
Odd game... they scored 2 could have 3 or 4 but we had goal line clearances..great saves.. their keeper was far busier of the two..
Thats the glass half full answer.
Glass half empty answer... we lost... end of.. no goals in three games

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
Full time showed today as they were more composed than us on the ball...we huffed puffed and hit the long ball so many times again....for me drop abbott.How many times he gives the ball away then complain to his team mates....Got some work to do Mr Elliot.....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 07:07:26 PM »
To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement.  We were totally outplayed today.  We won nothing in the air and showed very little on the ball. I knew our defence was suspect,  but thought with our forward line we would outscore the other team. If the rumours are right the free riding Linscum forwards are on their way.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 07:22:41 PM »
To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement.  We were totally outplayed today.  We won nothing in the air and showed very little on the ball. I knew our defence was suspect,  but thought with our forward line we would outscore the other team. If the rumours are right the free riding Linscum forwards are on their way.
I really don't think we have enough creativity in the midfield, that final pass is just not there.
No body can deny that the ex Lincoln lads have talent, but they are not just doing enough at this level.
I think it's time to make an approach for Reece Thompson and probably dispose of Marriott and Arnold.
I think Margets would do well up front with Reece.
But that will probably not happen though.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »
In the defeats to date there was a sense of being the better side, but failing to convert chances and being done in the end by sucker punches and very fine margins. Today, clearly the worse side (although Kiddy look to me the best side we've played so far), and failed to take the chances (again!!) that just might have seen it 2-2 with a spoonful of luck thrown in. But some appallingly poor performances out there today on the whole. Davies and Walker, Middleton when he came on, all in the clear for me; but the rest....below the required standard; even George was a bit silly at times inbetween the sticks.

It is far too early to panic but CE has serious work to do. BTW anyone know why was Margetts not on bench? (has there been a falling out behind the scenes?).

Question: did anyone on the Spayne road side see the offence? was it a red?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 07:34:20 PM »
In the defeats to date there was a sense of being the better side, but failing to convert chances and being done in the end by sucker punches and very fine margins. Today, clearly the worse side (although Kiddy look to me the best side we've played so far), and failed to take the chances (again!!) that just might have seen it 2-2 with a spoonful of luck thrown in. But some appallingly poor performances out there today on the whole. Davies and Walker, Middleton when he came on, all in the clear for me; but the rest....below the required standard; even George was a bit silly at times inbetween the sticks.

It is far too early to panic but CE has serious work to do. BTW anyone know why was Margetts not on bench? (has there been a falling out behind the scenes?).

No it was a yellow and two of those etc however, he wouldn't have been missed if he had been sent off in the first minute, thank the lord Ash is back next week.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »

No it was a yellow and two of those etc however, he wouldn't have been missed if he had been sent off in the first minute, thank the lord Ash is back next week.

Seconded ,  Gough is one of a few players who should be shown the door .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
Disappointing.
Today in his post match interview CE admitted he got the tactics wrong in the first half. Ok, fair enough, he did, we all saw that. What he did, in his own words, was tweak too much with players out of position. So he's changed his game to attempt to outwit his opponents.
This was a decision clearly he regretted.
However, is is not the first time.
Last season he stated he would play to our own players strengths and stick to a system the team were happy with. At home to Leamington CE was undone by a team who played an ugly game when we tried to out pass them. A home defeat. A couple of weeks later he changed tack and tried to play spoily bum time wasters at Stockport, "ugly football", only to get hit by a very late goal. Another loss.
The last 3 games have been a struggle, but CE needs do what he does best, and stick to our strengths rather than changing tactics. I have no doubt that a confident team is good enough to out play any opposition, and their weaknesses will be exploited whilst playing to our own favoured systems. It clearly doesn't suit us to swap formation. In the second half, when he reverted to his usual  formation, I felt we were more than a match until the red card. At that point it was game over.
As said by other posters, it's a shame that we haven't built on our great start, but now it's time for the manager and players to dig deep. It's a tough game next week, but I'm ever hopeful, so a result at Stockport would start to get us back on track.
But, please, can we stick to what we are good at?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:30:57 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
dispose of Marriott and Arnold.

We've missed Arnold the last 2 games. He has composure on the ball, something which Wafula lacks.

I'd like to see us go 3-4-3, with wingbacks (Davies and Jackson/Keane), and a front 3 of Marriott/Johnson, Arnold and Walker. Give Arnold a free role in the centre and let the other 2 work the channels.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »
Far be it for me to disagree with Mel, but I have yet to be convinced by Jackson either. He's made too many careless challenges and given away free kicks in dangerous situations, but the jury remains out. It was a daft second yellow for Gough.

I was rather depressed by today's performance. The team didn't seem to know their responsibilities, with players bunched together too often. Kiddy's midfield and forwards continually either found or made space, and used the width of the pitch. We kept it narrow, trying to go through the congested middle, and usually playing the ball to someone who was marked more closely than than the passer. Why can't we go wide? We rarely win any balls in the air in midfield and further forward. Kiddy's control was better than ours, and when they went forward, they went forward with pace and purpose. Too often we turn back and lose all momentum, and the forwards don't go looking for the ball from the midfield - they stand in a line and expect it to appear magically at their feet. Kiddy went looking for it.

Mild rant over. UTP