Author Topic: BPA away  (Read 8186 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BPA away
« on: August 27, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »
Lost 1-0 (penalty) - but like Saturday we created plenty of chances but failed to put them away, I just don't know how CE is going to rectify this :(

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BPA away
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »
Came away saying how the hell did we lose that? Chance after chance went begging sorry to say this (no I'm not) but Margets and Marriott were pathetic, They are not prepared to put a foot in and enough is enough they have had their chance to show their worth and frankly they are unable to do so. It would be easy to blame the rash challenge that led to the penalty but the real reason we didn't win was the lack of a goalscorer  one goal against should have meant nothing if we had taken our chances. Would like to see Grant given a chance in mid field as at the moment Abbot is way off the mark. Okay I am upset but I do believe Craig will sort things out.   UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »
Came away saying how the hell did we lose that? Chance after chance went begging sorry to say this (no I'm not) but Margets and Marriott were pathetic, They are not prepared to put a foot in and enough is enough they have had their chance to show their worth and frankly they are unable to do so. It would be easy to blame the rash challenge that led to the penalty but the real reason we didn't win was the lack of a goalscorer  one goal against should have meant nothing if we had taken our chances. Would like to see Grant given a chance in mid field as at the moment Abbot is way off the mark. Okay I am upset but I do believe Craig will sort things out.   UTP

These expensive pair of strikers have been given a fair chance and have let Craig and the fans down , difficult to understand why they have not made more effort to resurrect their careers .

To answer Ernie's question " I just don't know how CE is going to rectify this ?"  the answer is with difficulty as both are on contracts and who would want to sign them ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
I think with some better service Marriott will come good. We need a Rollins type winger or a big target man to supply him though. He's not a Thompson, Miller, Southwell type who will generate his own chances. Margets looks well off the pace and low on confidence. He needs to go out on loan. Westcarr hasn't done much either but he's not had much game time.

Not overly impressed with BPA today. We weren't great but should have scored a few though. We just seem to have lost our way recently and I don't think CE knows his best 11. Certainly much more work to do.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
I sense a rough time to come, the strikers we have signed should be scoring for fun at this level.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 10:44:01 PM »
Two bad results, but is it too early to be slating the forwards ? Maybe as some suggest, they are not getting the service to score the goals ? After the start to the season we've had, we have all been on a high, now after these two results it's rock bottom again and a feeling of players are not good enough. Things could be a hell of a lot worse.....we could be Man United fans !  :laugh:    :laugh:

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 10:50:55 PM »
Sorry but these strikers are getting chances and not putting them away, that's there job and they are supposed to be proven goal scorers.
I get the feeling they are here for the money only, they need to prove their worth now, end off and no excuses.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »
Gregg Smiths name was mentioned a few times during the commentary, I wonder if this was Craigs first and biggest mistake.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »
If CM had stayed he was always going to be plan B, Smith did not one that. CE did not get rid, Smith said he was intrested and felt he would get more games elswhere

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 05:48:50 AM »
Gregg Smith's, gone lets move on.
CE will sort it out, he's not the type to suffer fools gladly. If you listen to him on the video from yesterday, there is a huge hint in there saying he's not entirely happy with things up front. He uses the word 'tinkering' I can't see him being the 'tinkering' type.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
Are we being too harsh on the two "top" strikers?

Not in my book. Marriott never challenges for anything. Yes he has a good touch, but hides away and doesn't score goals. Margetts appears disinterested.

If only Reece was available!

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 07:39:50 AM »
I said after Saturday Margets and Marriot simply don't have enough desire to wear the yellow shirt; they should sort themselves out or move on. They are not doing us a favour 'playing down to help lowly BUFC' unless they will put it all on the line for us on the field of play. (Only listened to the BPA commentary so won't offer an ill informed opinion via the radio on what happened yesterday) but it sounds like that would not have changed my opinion so far.

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »
I think it's time to leave M&M on the bench, start with Johnson, Westcar and Wafula up front, you will then have pace height and power up there.
Abbott,Thanjo and Roberts in the midfield to win and supply the ball to the forwards and we all know Grant can score goals from a midfield position.
And the back four l have no idea about to be honest.
Perhaps we need an attacking coach to come in at the moment as we don't seem able to score goals and we are definitely lacking some composure and cohesion in that area.
But we are all probably panicking abit and should just let Craig do his job,l am sure he is as disappointed and fuming as the rest of us, l don't see any of the big signings going anywhere.
I think they should stay and prove their worth, and let's not forget, Marriott was mainly used as a super sub at Lincoln and was very effective.
Perhaps that's what he should be here.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
Agree with most of that YC.

Don't think GS is the answer with reference to earlier posts. We need to get to the by-line and get some decent crosses in - ball being pulled back to the penalty spot type crosses. Maybe we are expecting too much from the likes of Margetts. He's only scored 30 goals in his whole career and ten of these were at Gainsborough. How about Craig goes after the non-scoring Guiseley forward, Reece Thompson and the non-playing Fylde winger, Ashley Hemmings :)

Just in respect of Wafula, CE kept saying to him yesterday that he wanted more from him and I agree. He's been winning headers but in recent games not much else in my opinion. If he can't offer anything else then I would rather have a more compact midfield with Roberts in there - at least until we can get someone that can provide effective width.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »
Sorry but these strikers are getting chances and not putting them away, that's there job and they are supposed to be proven goal scorers.
I get the feeling they are here for the money only, they need to prove their worth now, end off and no excuses.

Exactly right chubby ,  as for people saying CE will sort it,   it's not that easy .  Past history shows that players like these can only be moved on by the chairman's cheque book ,  then finding replacements is no easy task .