Author Topic: Boxing Day  (Read 10723 times)

Senny

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Day
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Apparently it's a bizarre decision  ???

http://stocksbridgepsfc.com/news/details.php?news_id=810

But they've soon found a coach by the look of things!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:43:12 PM by Senny »

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
Indeed how bizarre Unibond club asked to play fixture on a regular league day when everyone at SPS must have been aware of the situation at Kings Lynn. 

Who wants to bet a full strength first team arrive ,  seriously they must be kidding if they think we'll fall for that old  "all the buses are busy that day and can't be bothered to make money " chestnut ::) ;D

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 07:53:34 PM »
 ;D
Suddenly Christmas doesn't look so bad, I'll be able to escape the inlaws for a few hours!

PILGRIMS81

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
The boxing day fixture lives!!! praise the league 4 having some common sense and allowing the game to be moved!! I can now look 4ward to boxing day again after everything thats gone on at Kings lynn this week..... ;D ;D ;D

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »
The club should offer all Kings Lynn season ticket holders free entry to the game ......  :)

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
Why?

les

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
The club should offer all Kings Lynn season ticket holders free entry to the game ......  :)

I totally agree.
There is a fan base who have lost their club, certainly for the rest of this season some of whom might be happy to continue to follow us for the rest of this season, increasing our gates. The loss in revenue from those season ticket holder who might make the trip anyway will surely be minimal, and the upside "could"  be considerable.
I won't make the game due to being closer to the other Boston on boxing day but being a sports fan I think we are going to a basket ball game that day.

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »

I totally agree.
There is a fan base who have lost their club, certainly for the rest of this season some of whom might be happy to continue to follow us for the rest of this season, increasing our gates. The loss in revenue from those season ticket holder who might make the trip anyway will surely be minimal, and the upside "could"  be considerable.
I won't make the game due to being closer to the other Boston on boxing day but being a sports fan I think we are going to a basket ball game that day.

I agree too, think this is an excellent idea. the loss in revenue les refers to could be made up by the increase in takings at the social club / catering anyway..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »
I agree... get it sorted Craig/JB!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »
I think there could be some possible confusion here.  Some posters on the KL forum are thinking the free offer is for the match against BPA tomorrow.

spalding linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 06:28:54 PM »
I don,t thinkyou are right there Odds - I,m probably coming but will be paying me tenner to get in - just to see some live footie

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 09:25:55 AM »
Thought I'd drag up this rather old thread and include a snippet from the Lincs Echo report....

"United keeper Tom Evans saved Ward's quickly-taken 25-yard free-kick, then Pearson hacked Jamie Vardy's effort off the line, while James Cullingworth did the same to deny Darren Thornton."

Wonder what happened to Darren Thornton?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 03:27:23 PM »
My good friend Darren now plays for Curzon Ashton  :xmashat

Were you at the game with the estranged chicken ???  :)

TEP

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »
Think the chicken had flown the nest by then.