Author Topic: Boxing Day  (Read 10696 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boxing Day
« on: December 09, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »
It looks like Stocksbridge Park Steels don't want to come to Boston on Boxing Day.  :o

http://stocksbridgepsfc.com/news/details.php?news_id=806

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Day
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
dont blame them!Atleast they can have a good drink on Xmas Day!

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »
sorry kon cant agree with you there its another fixture that aint pilling up and let alone that it is our boxing day game which i think most fans look forward to.they say on there site that it is to short of notice but to be fair it was pretty much on the cards well over aweek ago.i for one hope the league make em make the fixture
"till saturday comes"

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:37:29 PM »
Stocksbridge had been told by the Unibond league that they will now have to play Boston United away on Boxing Day, the fixture which was originally Kings Lynn's.

Even the Unibond can't possibly postpone a fixture on the basis that a team's players don't fancy it. They will have spent the entirety of their playing career playing on Boxing Day - and this year the calendar has been kind to them and given them six clear days between Boxing Day and New Year's Day. The league told them that they'd probably have to play us presumably about a fortnight ago. Frankly, they've got to get over it and fulfil their fixtures.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:46:16 PM »
what happens if SPS players had already planned their Boxing Day?Maybe they are all going away for xmas ;)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »
Seems SPS think they can have fixtures arranged at their choosing it was they that messed about with the schedule without  speaking to the league or us on the away match  so is this petty tit for tat  or have they a man on the Management committee?

Off the O/S
Article Date: 24 Sep 2009

SPSFC v BUFC
Boston United are awaiting confirmation on when their away fixture against Stocksbridge Park Steels will be played.

The game was originally scheduled to take place on Tuesday October 27 at Bracken Moor — but Stocksbridge have announced that the match has been put back 24 hours to accommodate a Sheffield Wednesday reserve fixture.

However, United officials were not consulted about the switch — and discussions are now taking place between the clubs.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 05:42:44 AM »
Maybe they are all going away for xmas ;)

They are.... to Boston, make em play it for fecking around with their fixture.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »
surely the Unibond League will make them play?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »
It looks like Stocksbridge Park Steels don't want to come to Boston on Boxing Day.  :o

http://stocksbridgepsfc.com/news/details.php?news_id=806

So in essence they are saying they can't be bothered hiring a coach and anyway the players have made plan's to visit the in-laws on that particular day. The arguement is won hand's down with the clincher "any rightminded person must agree." Well not most right-minded people in Boston who want to spend Boxing Day watching the footy! Carl Heggs got alot of flak when he called the Unibond a "pub league" but incidences like this don't look good!

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »
Confirmed as our Boxing Day opponents on the Official site ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »
Confirmed as our Boxing Day opponents on the Official site ;D

Looks like the Stocksbridge secretary will have to start thumbing through the yellow pages looking for a coach company :D

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:47 AM »
 Great news, perhaps they'll bring their "famous" choir on the day, all 3 of them, maybe the little pricks who wanted to brick our bus on the away game can also come along, would be nice to meet them  ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
Terrific. I can throw away my list of excuses I was preparing to avoid going for a brisk fresh air walk. Now all I need is a win on the day to make it a perfic day.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »
I can see the headlines now - Stocksbridge in  "Sorry but we're far to busy on Boxing Day to play a game of football scandal"
Stocksbridges secretary commented...
"The only balls we want to be playing with on Boxing day is everyones favourite green veg - sprouts"