Author Topic: Bank Holiday Weekend Games  (Read 13198 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bank Holiday Weekend Games
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
They won every ball in the air, PLAY IT ON THE GROUND ;D ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »
Our forwards are getting the supply balls from the same two midfielders as last season .

So far Arnold , Marriot and Margetts have failed to achieve the level of Hemmings , Thompson and Rollins .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 10:36:18 AM »
Really expected Margetts to tear sides up at this level. What are people's views?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
Really expected Margetts to tear sides up at this level. What are people's views?
/

For some reason he doesn't get a game so how can he.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »
I'm in the "jury's out" brigade. No doubting his pedigree, but fitness due to injury seems to be an issue. However, CD showed us last season that he wasn't going to carry passengers, and indeed this year with John McCombe. So, Margetts tenure could be short and not so sweet...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 10:46:02 AM »
He's going to be on big ££££ so you might be right. Not point having expensive bench warmers

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »
I think at the moment our forwards lack the energy of last season's but I also think that thanoj is nowhere near the player he was last season. Am sure that Craig will sort it out. Let's remember where we are this year compared to last. .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 11:19:02 AM »
/

He spent 18 months without playing due to injury so is still building up his fitness. I thought he looked bright after coming on yesterday.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
I also thought Margetts looked ok when he came on, not sure what Wesrcarr brings to the party though.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 01:27:10 PM »
I also thought Margetts looked ok when he came on, not sure what Wesrcarr brings to the party though.
in fairness to Westcarr, he's had barely any time on the pitch to show us what he's capable of. In general, it would seem we have a wealth proven of talent up front, but nobody (so far) has really played to their capabilities, yet we are sitting in 4th. If you had been asked pre-season if you'd be happy with 4 wins from the first 6 games, I reckon we would all have taken that. i said earlier, they need to show some balls and get back to winning ways tomorrow. Not the easiest task, but it we are serious about playoff football, then these are the games to get results from.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »
/

He spent 18 months without playing due to injury so is still building up his fitness. I thought he looked bright after coming on yesterday.

I thought he looked a lot sharper when he came on yesterday and did enough to get a start on Monday .

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 03:56:58 PM »
From the off yesterday I was more than bemused that Walker was playing centrally and Wafula out wide, given that the latter seems the only player in our front line who can win headers. There seemed to be a plan to send it up to him in the air, but when he won it it either went out of play or into a fairly harmless place - because he was wide. Why isn't he played more centrally and Walker, who I thought is a winger, played wide? I thought that might be changed at half time, but it wasn't.

Answers on a postcard, please.......

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
Because Walker has played well as a centre forward, and Wafula well as a winger, this season...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »
And Walker is a better option when pressing from the front, Wafula stays on the wing then he is always available as the outlet

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »
Ummmm, it didn't seem like that yesterday.