Author Topic: Nuneaton tonight...  (Read 14822 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton tonight...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Criticise me if I say something wrong, but total misrepresentation last night. It was people around me that had issues with things. So please dont slag me off for something I have not said.

For what its worth my views on last night are as follows..

-- poor first half we must play it more on the ground

-- they won nearly every header first half.

-- thought walker was outstanding in second half

--they tired a lot second half but we played some great passing football until the sending off

--I thought it was harsh, full blooded tackle, not off the ground, Jackson had to fully commit     because he would had been seriously injured by the Nuneaton player if he pulled out of the tackle. Blame the linesman he must have said something because the ref did not see it.

-- Previously thought Amy had been OK in games, but I think she would admit she had a bad game last night. Where did the extra time come from.

Overall I think we look very encouraging, some shrewd signing by an excellent northern manager.

So those accusing me of various comments get it right in future

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:38 AM »
Criticise me if I say something wrong, but total misrepresentation last night. It was people around me that had issues with things. So please dont slag me off for something I have not said.

--they tired a lot second half but we played some great passing football until the sending off

--I thought it was harsh, full blooded tackle, not off the ground, Jackson had to fully commit     because he would had been seriously injured by the Nuneaton player if he pulled out of the tackle. Blame the linesman he must have said something because the ref did not see it.

-- Previously thought Amy had been OK in games, but I think she would admit she had a bad game last night. Where did the extra time come from.

Overall I think we look very encouraging, some shrewd signing by an excellent northern manager.

I don't stand near you, so l can't  comment on what you did or didn't say, but a decent summing up though.
Sometimes we all like to look at things through rose tinted spectacles, and do not say what we really think.
But Craig Elliott often says what he thinks and can be very critical of his team's performance.
What l would say in general terms, it is not helpful to single out any player for constant criticism, it shatters their confidence and will not improve them.
Chapman came under a massive amount of abuse when he was here, he never once said he was the best midfielder in this league and was picked by Murray every week to play, he wasn't picked by himself.
Encourage these set of players, and they will excel.

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
Well said youngchubs, heartily agree with you

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »
Just seen the highlights and the sending off looks a fair decision to me

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 10:15:05 AM »

To clarify, I wasn't accusing you of anything - I don't know who you are. I was just referring to various people around me (and it wasn't restricted to one person).

As for your summing up of the game, very fair. I was told afterwards (couldn't see myself) that Amy Fearn had a yellow card out but was instructed by her linesman to offer Jackson a free upgrade to an early shower. Very poor decision in the context of the game. Definitely a yellow card offence, but one of those that looked far worse than it actually was.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
I still can't agree about Ashley's sending off. It was right in front of us and was reckless (those around me immediately said that he'd be lucky to stay on) - although I agree with Pete that in the context of the game, and the ref's failure to send off the Willis-pushing Nuneaton player, it didn't fit in. And you're right - she did take a yellow out first. The point is that he gave her a decision to make.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
I agree with you.

I often look at incidents like this in reverse. Ask yourself, if Nuneaton's left back had tackled Wafula in the same way, would we have accepted a yellow was fair? I certainly wouldn't have, so for me, red was right.

I don't mean for a minute that anything about it was malicious, but it was hard and late and at full speed looked horrible.

Until VAR arrives in the Vanarama North, rightly or wrongly the ref gets one chance, and I can agree with the decision.

He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »
I agree with you.

I often look at incidents like this in reverse. Ask yourself, if Nuneaton's left back had tackled Wafula in the same way, would we have accepted a yellow was fair? I certainly wouldn't have, so for me, red was right.

I don't mean for a minute that anything about it was malicious, but it was hard and late and at full speed looked horrible.

Until VAR arrives in the Vanarama North, rightly or wrongly the ref gets one chance, and I can agree with the decision.
You are both right vin the end he did give the ref the chance to make the decision, l am sure he will learn from it.
Stay on your feet don't dive in
I hope though this doesn't affect the lad to much, as l really believe he has some talent, and in the future will play at a much higher level.
I do rate him very much.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
I still can't agree about Ashley's sending off. It was right in front of us and was reckless (those around me immediately said that he'd be lucky to stay on) - although I agree with Pete that in the context of the game, and the ref's failure to send off the Willis-pushing Nuneaton player, it didn't fit in. And you're right - she did take a yellow out first. The point is that he gave her a decision to make.

I watched the highlights yesterday afternoon after my original post and on a second viewing it does look a pretty bad challenge, much worse than it seemed at the time. I don't think it was malicious, just badly timed, but yes - had that happened in reverse I would have been screaming for a red. Perhaps the linesman did get it right after all!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 11:28:55 AM »
At the time I thought Jackson could get away with a yellow card but the video shows it was a red, not a malicious tackle but over forceful and mistimed.  Amy Fearn wasn't going for red and wrote on her yellow card but the lino convinced her otherwise.

What was George doing charging out of his goal and did he actually head the ball off the centre forwards foot?  The No. 9 should have gone for his retaliation knocking Willis into the hoarding.
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 11:33:04 AM »
At the time I thought Jackson could get away with a yellow card but the video shows it was a red, not a malicious tackle but over forceful and mistimed.  Amy Fearn wasn't going for red and wrote on her yellow card but the lino convinced her otherwise.

What was George doing charging out of his goal and did he actually head the ball off the centre forwards foot?  The No. 9 should have gone for his retaliation knocking Willis into the hoarding.
Yes George did head the ball, it was impressive.
But a little reckless considering if he had missed the ball, he would have probably seen red also.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »

Yes George did head the ball, it was impressive.
But a little reckless considering if he had missed the ball, he would have probably seen red also.

Hugely reckless given we also had no sub goalkeeper on the bench... even getting akick would have been a disaster.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:07 PM »
See a few ppl have mentioned about us not winning many headers in the first half. TBH i thought we did win our fair share if not more than them. The issue was to me in that area was only on a few was there any control on them and 90% of the time we never collected the 2nd ball. We was basicly winning the ball for them in the first half. The red card to me was red. even the replay shows it as a tad reckless but the way the ref was it was always going to be that way