Greene
« on: August 14, 2018, 04:01:11 PM »
Leaves FC by 'mutual consent'

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:15:45 AM »
He has certainly lost his way, such a shame.

ElIdolo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:15:26 AM »
Is a bit sad to see. Although got to ask questions of this local businessman who offered him and Town the world, and disappeared from sight soon after he appeared. His false promises seem to have hindered Greene and meant his "plans" never really got afoot.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" - Michael Scott

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
Feel sorry for Greene!!!! Just ask the players that after the game last Saturday. They are not happy I hear.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »
it was his team they tuck the micky from day 1 it started with wich player cud give the ball away the most without being taken off they were all on a winner cus there wer no subs 2 replace them and he never replaced the players with the same commitment as the 1ones that left. den as no idea about man management 4 shor

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
it was his team they tuck the micky from day 1 it started with wich player cud give the ball away the most without being taken off they were all on a winner cus there wer no subs 2 replace them and he never replaced the players with the same commitment as the 1ones that left. den as no idea about man management 4 shor
Sorry but I disagree with that entirely, DG managed his players very well at York Street.
I think Boston Town have the problem, they have been struggling for some years with managers coming and going for different reasons.
It all comes down to an unambitious chairman and board that are happy to stay in the league that they are in.
Young managers want success and soon get frustrated when no doubt they are promised everything when they join, and then soon realise that it's all a load of lies and are being strung along.
It wouldn't have took DG long to work that out, and why should he be Mr Chairman's fall guy.
As ElIdolo said earlier where is Mr money bags pestforce gone with all of his big talk and ambition.
Boston Town has sadly got the tag as an non ambitious club, which will always have trouble attracting players who want success.
The Board wanted DG to get you safe and stay in your current league, he did that and now the money and big promises have all disappeared once again.
Sadly until the current owners sell up and go, nothing will change, and you will remain a club in limbo.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
we agree with sum of wot u say but with the team frost left him thay were allways going 2 be safe .its the team he  put to gever 4 this season is the problem do u go watch them at any time.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »
Without being horrible or nasty, what do we think has happened with DG, it seems to me that he has somehow lost his desire for football management.
He did a great job with us at York Street up until his final season and departure.
He now seems like a person who just hasn't got any direction in his career.
Such a shame.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
Without being horrible or nasty, what do we think has happened with DG, it seems to me that he has somehow lost his desire for football management.
He did a great job with us at York Street up until his final season and departure.
Such a shame.

Like a lot of managers. when you do well you think you cant fall and it goes to your head. Thats what happened at Boston. And when it bit him he cracked and lost his way

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 09:47:20 AM »
Such a shame.

Like a lot of managers. when you do well you think you cant fall and it goes to your head. Thats what happened at Boston. And when it bit him he cracked and lost his way

We haven't seen the last of Greene - I don't really think Town were a good fit for him, especially seeing as promised investment appears not to have materialised. Once he finds a club he's happy at, perhaps a little further south, I can see him being successful again.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Such a shame.

We haven't seen the last of Greene - I don't really think Town were a good fit for him, especially seeing as promised investment appears not to have materialised. Once he finds a club he's happy at, perhaps a little further south, I can see him being successful again.

Good rational summing up in these posts . 

Still the most successful Pilgrims manager for many decades .

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »
Scott and Hurst were more successful than Greene and we would be an established National league club now if they had stayed a bit longer. Very good managers in there short time with us. UTP

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 04:09:53 PM »
Hurst could be looking for another club if Ipswich don't start winning. Harsh but that's the way it works

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
Scott and Hurst were more successful than Greene and we would be an established National league club now if they had stayed a bit longer. Very good managers in there short time with us. UTP

Don't know how you work that one pp.

Facts .  Greene got a 6th , 3rd and 5th finish in the NORTHERN CONFERENCE .  (And had won two championships with St Neots )

Hurst  finished 3 in the EVO LEAUGUE with a team mostly inherited from David Holdsworth at Ilkeston .

Buggered off to Fishy before he managed  to qaulify for P /Os in Nothern Con .

Can you explain to Grimsby fans how it took him 5 years to get them promoted on gates of 6000 and a generoues sponsor ,   when you claim he would have got us promoted another league if  he  "had stayed a little longer " ?