Author Topic: Commentary V Leamington  (Read 8188 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Commentary V Leamington
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 06:01:00 PM »
Have left my comments on last nights performance to give me time to think and not make a knee jerk reaction. First of all lets get it straight we deserved nothing from the game so what follows is not an excuse. The pitch was an absolute disgrace, indeed it would come as no surprise if the local farmers cattle were taken off the the pitch before kick of and returned after the game. Long grass down the middle and the rest of the pitch was full of holes and tons of sand and was rock hard, horrific but they get away with anything in this tin pot league. The home team have obviously mastered it as every player without exception when the ball came to him hit it first time, no attempt to control it. Early on we tried to pass it but then having looked silly trying to control and pass we reverted to their tactics. My main concern last night was the lack of a good ball playing mid fielder the lads in there were way off it and it did leave the attack without a decent ball to them. Someone has mentioned Arnold but do you know he was truly frustrated with the pitch and the ball running away from him. Margets is class but without the afore mentioned mid field craft to play him and the rest of the forwards in he also looks totally frustrated. It will be a perfect surface next week so lets see if there is a difference. Very early and although desperately disappointed last night I think Craig will sort matters.   UTP.
Good honest summing up, l wasn't having a go at Arnold as we all know that he is a great talent and player, but l think you have hit the nail on the head with the midfield central pair, we have a ball player in Grant Roberts, let's give him a go with Abbott in the midfield.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 06:01:19 PM »
Thanks for report Mel. Sounds like they did a Ferriby on us. Heath always had their players in tune with that appology of a pitch they provided. I thought York St looked beautiful last sat in spite of all hot weather! Yes no excuses from me either and we will do much better on the better away pitches. Early days, long way to go. Will be good surface on Saturday, we got really good record there since they came up, pretty sure it's w,w,d,w,d,L. Last seasons defeat shouldn't be read in2 a lot!! Crazy ref, 2 reds 4 us, softest fcum penno ever: come on even el chappo notched! YABA

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »
Arnold was not good tonight, I think so far he is not living up to his own standards.

We're two games into the season man! Give the lad a chance.
I am not having a go at him, as l am sure he is annoyed and frustrated with how things have gone so far, he doesn't get the ball enough from the central midfield pair.
I am sure Craig will sort everything out, but l do agree it's only 2 games in and we have so many new faces and style's of play out there.
FC United will suit our style of play on Saturday as they like to play attacking football, instead of the spoiling football Leamington served up last night.
But we should be beating sides like them and we will as time goes on.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »
I am not having a go at him

You are.
[Oh well never mind.
I am sure he will be less bothered than you are .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »
Should be an interesting season with only 2 teams having a 100% record after two games. I reckon it will be wide open this year.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 01:05:47 AM »
Should be an interesting season with only 2 teams having a 100% record after two games. I reckon it will be wide open this year.

TEP

Very much so , let's hope it's not too much of a rollercoaster ride.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »
Have just watched nearly 20 minutes highlights on the Leamington website. Good quality footage. I share CE's concerns, and applaud his response. I could add my own comments but will refrain from doing so at present. I posted a few months ago that those that disappoint will not be visible for long.