Author Topic: Commentary V Leamington  (Read 8190 times)

rob_bbc

• View Profile
Commentary V Leamington
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »
Hi all,

Commentary of the Pilgrims trip to Leamington this Tuesday evening on BBC Radio Lincolnshire from 7PM on the radio and online.

It's one of 3 Boston United away fixtures we'll be doing live commentary of this month. 

Cheers

Rob

youngchubby69

Re: Commentary V Leamington
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, will be listening in.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
Hi all,

Commentary of the Pilgrims trip to Leamington this Tuesday evening on BBC Radio Lincolnshire from 7PM on the radio and online.

It's one of 3 Boston United away fixtures we'll be doing live commentary of this month. 

Cheers

Rob

Lincoln not got a game then?

I hope this season see's a little more fairness in the coverage ourselves,Gainsborough,Grantham,Stamford etc get, for far too long its been the Lincoln City love in with us non leaguers forced into fighting over the morsels when it comes to coverage. No one is doubting the brilliant turn around at Sincil Bank but conversely the coverage has been bordering on blanket and thats to the other clubs detriment. Its only two years ago Lincoln were struggling to attract 3000 to home games, I just wonder how many of the extra 6000 new lifelong die hards that have jumped on board actually tune in.......

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
Hi all,

Cheers

Rob

Lincoln not got a game then?

I hope this season see's a little more fairness in the coverage ourselves,Gainsborough,Grantham,Stamford etc get, for far too long its been the Lincoln City love in with us non leaguers forced into fighting over the morsels when it comes to coverage. No one is doubting the brilliant turn around at Sincil Bank but conversely the coverage has been bordering on blanket and thats to the other clubs detriment. Its only two years ago Lincoln were struggling to attract 3000 to home games, I just wonder how many of the extra 6000 new lifelong die hards that have jumped on board actually tune in.......

Feel sorry for the non-footballing listeners to BBC Lincs .  the football seems to encroach on normal daytime programmes that listeners have enjoyed until recently .   

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
Quite agree Andy. I give Lincoln City there due but this is getting ridiculous.
Its hardly worth listening to Radio Lincoln on match days.
First 35 mins usually a love in by Hortin with anybody from Lincoln.
Expect an interview with the corner flag if nobody else available

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »
Always been the same.  I remember listening to Hortin on the way back from a Lincoln v Boston league match one Christmas.

One of the most genuine players to wear an amber shirt Neil Redfearn, was hacked up from behind in the penalty area.

Everyone bar the ref could see it was a penalty.

Hortin on the radio inferred he cheated.  Steve Thompson is as bad, and I would put him in my all time twenty players to wear the amber shirt, but he never has any praise for us.

When the Cowleys leave and Lincoln fall down the leagues, they will still have top billing.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
Pleased there’s coverage tonight but expect at least 30 minutes of Lincoln management, players, ex player, grounds man, tea lady interviews before the game.

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 09:45:56 PM »
Lost 2-0
Didn't take the chances and made the wrong decisions.
Arnold was not good tonight, I think so far he is not living up to his own standards.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
Lost 2-0
Didn't take the chances and made the wrong decisions.
Arnold was not good tonight, I think so far he is not living up to his own standards.

Have big concerns about Arnold too chubby ,   how long will he be here ?

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »
I know it's only 2 games in and this squad may come good, but I feel this team will not be together long and it won't take long Elliott to make changes. My concern being a lack of creativity, lots of hard workers but lacking technical ability! Two full backs are not comfortable on the ball but aggressive, wafalu the same, Margetts seems shot of confidence and Arnold may be somewhat of a luxury.  I do hope I'm wrong and trust in CE but feel the balance is wrong.  This showed on Saturday as I don't think 3 passes were put together

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »
Lacked any ideas, just played the hopeful balls and none of them came off. Didn't trouble them at all, wouldn't have known who and the disadvantage in numbers.

He said he was working on Plan Bs this season but did we really have a Plan A today? Didn't look like we had a plan at all. Forwards isolated, midfield had no influence what so ever and defenders won little in the air.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 08:44:31 AM »

We're two games into the season man! Give the lad a chance.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 08:48:07 AM »
Was not there last night, so cannot comment.    I was at the match last Saturday, and I felt we needed to gel.  On paper our forward line should be up there with the best in this league.   

I listened to first half commentary last night ( sorry they are not a patch on Des or Scott ) and we should have been at least two up before they scored.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
Poor result against a poor side. Sounds like they did exactly what they did at Y St  last year.
Interesting to hear Craig after the match and his comments about a big striker up front.

Wonder if the Lincoln connection can help the manager to persuade Matt Rhead to come
on loan for a month, just the sort of striker we need and better than warming his backside at
Lincoln for a few games--keep him fit as well as terrorising at few Conf Nth defenders

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
Have left my comments on last nights performance to give me time to think and not make a knee jerk reaction. First of all lets get it straight we deserved nothing from the game so what follows is not an excuse. The pitch was an absolute disgrace, indeed it would come as no surprise if the local farmers cattle were taken off the the pitch before kick of and returned after the game. Long grass down the middle and the rest of the pitch was full of holes and tons of sand and was rock hard, horrific but they get away with anything in this tin pot league. The home team have obviously mastered it as every player without exception when the ball came to him hit it first time, no attempt to control it. Early on we tried to pass it but then having looked silly trying to control and pass we reverted to their tactics. My main concern last night was the lack of a good ball playing mid fielder the lads in there were way off it and it did leave the attack without a decent ball to them. Someone has mentioned Arnold but do you know he was truly frustrated with the pitch and the ball running away from him. Margets is class but without the afore mentioned mid field craft to play him and the rest of the forwards in he also looks totally frustrated. It will be a perfect surface next week so lets see if there is a difference. Very early and although desperately disappointed last night I think Craig will sort matters.   UTP.