Author Topic: Home win v Guiseley  (Read 16025 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Home win v Guiseley
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »

Reece Thompson showed what he’s best at, lazy, cheating, moody and a rash challenge maybe had a couple off flashes of being bothered but no end product, cannot see what the obsession is with him.

You've judged him on 1 game against us, rather than the several he played for us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
Reece was a top player for us...I would pleased if he came back

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »
Reece was a top player for us...I would pleased if he came back
I will second that.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2018, 10:43:17 PM »

Reece Thompson showed what he’s best at, lazy, cheating, moody and a rash challenge maybe had a couple off flashes of being bothered but no end product, cannot see what the obsession is with him.

You've judged him on 1 game against us, rather than the several he played for us.

Wow BUFC fans are certainly split on Reece. It's almost a parallel process with the Guiseley contingent! Facts speak for themselves.

Yes he gave his all for us but so did John Sands just remind me please how many appearances did RT make for us & how many goals did he score??

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:21 PM »

Wow BUFC fans are certainly split on Reece. It's almost a parallel process with the Guiseley contingent! Facts speak for themselves.

Yes he gave his all for us but so did John Sands just remind me please how many appearances did RT make for us & how many goals did he score??
How many penalties did he get for us, which Hemmings tucked away, and how many defences did he keep on the back foot by pestering them all the time.
I do agree with you that John Sands was a qaulity striker who did score goals for us, then treated awful by DG probably because Den was jealous of him.
A talent that could have formed an impressive partnership with Dayle if given time, the few times they played together they looked good and on the same wavelength.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »
I’ll stick by my original post if you all don’t mind, after all it seems I’m not alone with my view on this subject.

I remember how he helped (note Helped) us get out of a mess, I also am aware of his ability if he desires to show it.

Also remember talking to some York city fans on the subject of Reece both before and after our game with them at home, I remember saying to one off them “I bet he will get himself sent off before we play you at York” I thought it wouldn’t happen but hey presto he gets sent off for violent conduct after a bad challenge (yellow card) and then in same incident throwing ball at felled players head (red card) 🤬. the week before York Away.

At lot was said by York fans and we all witnessed the hatred they had for him, seems similar to what Guiseley’s massive fan base are saying.

We don’t need him as our new look front line will soon be firing.🙏🙏.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »
Not really bothered what other clubs fans think of him, he did OK for me...... In my opinion another very astute Craig signing which saved our season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »
I’ll stick by my original post if you all don’t mind, after all it seems I’m not alone with my view on this subject.

I remember how he helped (note Helped) us get out of a mess, I also am aware of his ability if he desires to show it.

Also remember talking to some York city fans on the subject of Reece both before and after our game with them at home, I remember saying to one off them “I bet he will get himself sent off before we play you at York” I thought it wouldn’t happen but hey presto he gets sent off for violent conduct after a bad challenge (yellow card) and then in same incident throwing ball at felled players head (red card) 🤬. the week before York Away.

At lot was said by York fans and we all witnessed the hatred they had for him, seems similar to what Guiseley’s massive fan base are saying.

We don’t need him as our new look front line will soon be firing.🙏🙏.

I don't see any others on here that seconds your view Garry .
As steve says not bothered about what other fans .

York fans should be concerned about the succession of crap managers they have had ,  I don't think Harry Kane would have scored goals under them .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
Facts speak for themselves.

And you seem to be ignoring them. He scored a few goals, and assisted several more (numerous penalties). He also had many an opposition player booked for fouling him. His attitude for us was first class (except the blip where he got sent off), and was a key factor in our rise up the division.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
Facts speak for themselves.

And you seem to be ignoring them. He scored a few goals, and assisted several more (numerous penalties). He also had many an opposition player booked for fouling him. His attitude for us was first class (except the blip where he got sent off), and was a key factor in our rise up the division.

Craig tried very hard to get him back which just sums up what most of us feel despite what you think Garry.  However, we have moved on hopefully CE has found even better replacements.
United we stand..................

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 09:19:27 PM »
Sounds as if we could do with him tonight....

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
New strikers needed rubbish Boston ;)

youngchubby69

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 02:31:10 AM »
New strikers needed rubbish Boston ;)
No we just need to shoot and be more composed on the ball.
We are not a bad side, but some players need more desire.