Author Topic: Home win v Guiseley  (Read 16176 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Home win v Guiseley
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 12:13:43 PM »
Well a good win and a credible performance, l would like to give Harris and Jackson a special mention.
Both of these lads have never played at this level before and Harris played out of position, they both did tremendously Welland did not look out of place.
Reece Thompson has no desire to play at Guisley, he didn't want to try and play the way we know he can.
I feel sorry for the lad, if anyone saw him walking off after the game, you could see the smile on his face, and he only wants to be at Boston.
He had no choice to stay there, and that's what he said to me.
Be a shame to see him go down hill at Guisley, they don't really want him, but don't have the money to replace him.

Agree that he wants to be playing somewhere else. However the player needs to have a really good look at himself. Yes he's fiesty & fiery & he has over time disgruntled the majority of the Guiseley fanbase with his attitude.

As regards finance Guiseley have pots of it. Look how much was invested in that team last season!! Cox & a certain Mr A Murray had top drawer players on incredible money, including a certain D. Southwell, yet a well financed budget was squandered & mismanaged & the FL dream became a relegation nightmare for them. Don't forget they still are backed by wealthy investors & also have a 6 figure parachute payment + the Dayle transfer fee. They could comfortably afford any non league striker the current manager wanted. However the clubs directors do not want any more cash wasted. Yes Reece did v well for us in this league & that's why they pushed Us to hard for a big fee. That's what killed the deal. One CE made it clear to them he wasn't paying the asking price. That sold Southwell, decided to keep Thompson, & got him to make his club website appeal for fans to get behind the club. It was a pa disater & most Guiseley fans online derided RT even further. Don't be surprised to c him back out on loan b4 Christmas.

"6 figure parachute payment "    where did they get that from ?
Yes I was wondering where that had come from, isn't that the football league only.
Maybe I am wrong but  looking at what was on show from Guisley yesterday I don't think they have any players that set this league on fire.
I don't see them as a threat at all, they will be lucky to be out of the bottom half of the table all season.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 12:18:34 PM »
No Parachute Payment at this level. Also Southwell was sold on the cheap as Guisley would struggle to meet the wages. There a well balanced club with a bit of money thrown in but are by no means a rich club. They have wealthy backers but they dont throw it in like most

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
Why was Andre taken off suddenly? Was he injured? If so, I am sure we all wish him a speedy recovery.
Arnold was taken off and replaced by Nicky Walker, no injury just a straight replacement.

Think that was tactical to cover against Kane getting away, Nathan had run out of steam so it was a sensible substitution :)

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
great all round performance by Boston Utd thats 3 points on the board and clean sheet,as for Guiseley yesterday nothing special to watch,   Reece Thompson didnt show the desire like he has shown for The pilgrims,

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 11:10:28 PM »
I thought it was entertaining game myself, even though game was not allowed to flow because Guiseley kept falling down and screaming and referre gave them everything, hope we don’t get him a lot like we did last season.

Reece Thompson showed what he’s best at, lazy, cheating, moody and a rash challenge maybe had a couple off flashes of being bothered but no end product, cannot see what the obsession is with him.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »
I thought it was entertaining game myself, even though game was not allowed to flow because Guiseley kept falling down and screaming and referre gave them everything, hope we don’t get him a lot like we did last season.

Reece Thompson showed what he’s best at, lazy, cheating, moody and a rash challenge maybe had a couple off flashes of being bothered but no end product, cannot see what the obsession is with him.

Good post. Yes they were spoilers & deffo came for the point, that in itself tells u how strong we now r under Craig. Loved his post match interview. Also a recent interview in sleaford target where he sets out his long term vision for the club under him. He talks of the friendship he's developing with the Cowleys @ Sincel bank. Plus all other FL managers in fair distance for loaning/selling us players. "I build bridges he says, down the line u just never no when we might need each other".

Yes RT, look if he'd scored say 8/11 goals in 14...18 games u would say sign him up. He was with us for a reason.....Guiseley c a talent in there but it's shrouded as u say by lazyness, arrogance & immiturity . Do hope he sorts himself out before it's too late.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 08:23:07 AM »

Good post. Yes they were spoilers & deffo came for the point, that in itself tells u how strong we now r under Craig. Loved his post match interview. Also a recent interview in sleaford target where he sets out his long term vision for the club under him. He talks of the friendship he's developing with the Cowleys @ Sincel bank. Plus all other FL managers in fair distance for loaning/selling us players. "I build bridges he says, down the line u just never no when we might need each other".

Yes RT, look if he'd scored say 8/11 goals in 14...18 games u would say sign him up. He was with us for a reason.....Guiseley c a talent in there but it's shrouded as u say by lazyness, arrogance & immiturity . Do hope he sorts himself out before it's too late.

I think the relationship is more with Lincoln City than the Cowleys.  I think Lincoln are looking to have CE in their sights when the Cowleys go onto better things.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »

I am sorry but did you actually watch Reece play for us last season,if you did my friend you must have had your eye's closed, that lad run his ass off every game,won us numerous penalties and scored some important goals, before he arrived we we're relegation fodder.
He chased down every lost cause and often got us something out of it, so before you slag him off just remember he was one of CE additions that played a massive part in getting us safe and nearly into the play offs.
He played with passion, aggression, ability,sheer bloody minded determination to win us games, and believe me if he wasn't still under contract at Guisley he would now be with us,doing what he does best,being an absolute pest to the opposition.
Good luck to the lad we owe him a big thank you.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »

I am sorry but did you actually watch Reece play for us last season,if you did my friend you must have had your eye's closed, that lad run his ass off every game,won us numerous penalties and scored some important goals, before he arrived we we're relegation fodder.
He chased down every lost cause and often got us something out of it, so before you slag him off just remember he was one of CE additions that played a massive part in getting us safe and nearly into the play offs.
He played with passion, aggression, ability,sheer bloody minded determination to win us games, and believe me if he wasn't still under contract at Guisley he would now be with us,doing what he does best,being an absolute pest to the opposition.

Agree with you youngchubby69.
United we stand..................

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
and he was cheered off by the Boston supporters when he was subbed.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »

Totally agree with that YC. Yes his grit, skill & guile did play a big part in our remarkable turn around in fortunes post AM. Let's face it 4 pts adrift week b4 Xmas we we're down! He was one player in a group of 18 or so that responded to Craig's battle Cry. He desperately wanted away from a team one step below the FL & they had cash 2 burn?? He upset the majority of the Guiseley fanbase & one or 3 others at the club. As we r saying he did v well 4 us in his spell. A player with ability, not the real deal yet, & let's face it if he was a Dayle or Ricky he would have been snapped up quickly by a bigger budget club....contract or no contract at Guiseley. If they hadn't been so greedy DN would have let Craig sign him pre season. Finally, & yes I rate his ability, what's to say if he did get a years deal with us that he wouldn't have eventually repeated his Guiseley behaviour & attitude. After all he was running his socks off 2 get away from his on & off the field woes in Guiseley.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »
I also think Reece was one of the main reasons we stayed up last season. He never stopped running and his positive attitude rubbed off on players and fans.

As for accusations of cheating, well I can't comment on Saturday's game because I wasn't there, but last season I don't think he dived, more that he perfected a canny trick of suddenly stopping running so the chasing defender couldn't help but barge into him and over Reece went. He didn't always get the decision but I don't recall him getting told off for diving too often.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »

Like others on Patter I would love to see Reece back in a pilgrim shirt .   We've had a few strikers over the years that fits that profile (cue for N/40 to nominate Willie Gamble  :laugh: :laugh:) but it is certainly not RT.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »
Reece would never be lazy under Craig or he would be up the road in a flash.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
I have to agree loved watching him play last year, never gave up a thing.

It was nice after the game that the away team and in particular Garns and Reece were warmly applauded at the tunnel end, much to the surprise of the Guiseley players, a nice touch from the home crowd I thought.