Author Topic: Thanks for your support  (Read 3980 times)

Baker Boy

• View Profile
Thanks for your support
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
Thank you for your support and kind words on our forum over the past few weeks. Its a real pity we havent made it to Boxing Day. Gutted doesnt come close to how i feel right now, but we'll be back. Hope everything works out for you in the near future. Good Luck for the rest of the season, guess if we can't win the league you best go and do it!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for your support
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
All the best mate and hope you rebuiled fast, if we get the sps game moved there be plenty of room on boxing day if you want to take in a game

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »
Really sorry to read that.  Could have been us two years ago.

All the best. Pheonix from the flames and all that.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »
Sad day , hope a boxing day fixture is arranged , a few years back a few lynn supporters came and watched us on boxing day as they had no match . stood with
us old gits on spayne road a cracking bunch of lads and welcome at york street any time   :'( :'(

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »

Such a shame.

I really hope you're in a position to reform quickly, and it would be great for a Boston United side to play at King's Lynn in a pre-season friendly next season.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Gutted for all you Lynn fans, cant imagine what you must be feeling right now.

Onwards and upwards, all the best

linnet1976

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »
Echo what bakerboy says...thanks for the support both on here and the Lynn forum.

A very sad day but hopefully we'll be back stronger.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
Just a thought. There are players in the Premiership who could have saved K L by donating one week's pay. When is this stupid game going to wake up to the fact that it is destroying itself from the bottom up?

I genuinely believe that I may see the end of Football as a professional sport in my lifetime.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 10:37:38 PM »
The money at the top of the football chain will continue to rise whilst the television channels are involved as advertisers and television subscriptions are after the male money and most every man in the UK has some level of following for a Premiership team.
You could well be right though about the amount of money being paid out at the lower levels in football, where the wages being paid and other expenses (like in the case of Boston the rent for the ground) means the virtually no team at the lower levelcan exist on gate money alone.
Probably one factor in Kings Lynn's on field success was the paying of wages to the players way above what the club could afford on their gate levels, probably following the governments lead on reducing their debts when the side reached a higher level.