Author Topic: Your memories and stories of York Street  (Read 5426 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Your memories and stories of York Street
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2018, 05:19:25 AM »
My first match was against Leyton Orient in the FA cup.

Having watched only football on TV ( in black and white ) to see amber and black all over the ground was a pleasant surprise.

The other thing that stood out in my memory, was the distinct smell of rubs and liniment as the players ran onto the pitch.
I remember putting on white oils before a match in my playing day's.
Some of the old boys told me they used to use Horse oils in the old days.

John Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »
In this month's When Saturday Comes there is a piece about HSV Barmbak-Uhlenhorst, a small club in Hamburg who moved grounds about four years ago. As well the bar in the new ground being a sort of museum as well, the article says "there are small souvenirs all over the pace, a little iron railing here,  an enamel sign there"

Could we do something similar at our new place?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »
In this month's When Saturday Comes there is a piece about HSV Barmbak-Uhlenhorst, a small club in Hamburg who moved grounds about four years ago. As well the bar in the new ground being a sort of museum as well, the article says "there are small souvenirs all over the pace, a little iron railing here,  an enamel sign there"

Could we do something similar at our new place?

I think the chairman certainly wants something like this, BUSA are also working on things along these lines ie; A hall of fame. I also remind all those donating to my Jam Jar fund raiser it is for you to decide how this fund will be used so please begin thinking of ideas that will benefit fans thus benefiting the club.