Author Topic: Lincoln united  (Read 12627 times)

steve m

• View Profile
Lincoln united
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »
Ouch, didn't see that coming....

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln united
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
Neither did anyone of the 44 entries in the Prediction League :)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 11:13:17 AM »
Consolation is we have had the wake-up call now and not on 1st league game like last season.
United we stand..................

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »
Have only been to one pre-season game but have a couple of questions - have we got enough pace up front without a Reece Thompson type ? Do we need more height up front too ?

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »
Defence needs some work for sure, Harry Middleton does not play well with Thanjo.
The ref was a joke and that's an understatement.
We are not going to gel straight away, this is a brand new team, except for a few players who were with us from last season.
Players who did well last night,
Jackson, Roberts, Marriott, Abbott, Johnson, Mcsheffrey and Walker considering this is his first pre-season game.
Mcoombe looks as if he is struggling a bit.
The sending off was probably warranted but not really necessary in a local cup game, the Lincoln Utd players and fans looked as shocked as we did.
But overall we did at times play some slick football and in time that will become the norm.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »
Well that’s the optimism gone after 1 competitive match, bloody rubbish.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »
I'm still optimistic pal, just surprised!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 03:12:53 PM »
Who do people prefer in goal? Parkin has stated he wants to be number one but Willis is more experienced

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
Can not say im to worried and it did not come as a shock at all. a lot of ppl forget thats a new team with only a few thats played a handfull of games together. We have to tune into each other and get a playing style going yet. Elliot said up untill now the players have only been doing fitness and games so id expect things will start to change going forward.

Plenty of silk there and once its together then i think we have a entertaining team. Still look weak at the back thou

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »
Just did not look like a side who have had enough hours together, learning to read each other's games yet. Anticipate positioning and runs etc. My prelim observations:

Parkin - really lacked confidence, two fumbled balls and a fair bit of shakiness before the horror mistake that was a red.
McCombe - not match fit or down to race weight, yet

In contrast;

Arnold - oozes quality
Johnson - fast and gonna be a lot of trouble to defences at this level
McSheffrey (when did he sign, or has he??) - looks solid, aggressive and fairly pacey

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »
Just did not look like a side who have had enough hours together, learning to read each other's games yet. Anticipate positioning and runs etc. My prelim observations:

Parkin - really lacked confidence, two fumbled balls and a fair bit of shakiness before the horror mistake that was a red.
McCombe - not match fit or down to race weight, yet

In contrast;

Arnold - oozes quality
Johnson - fast and gonna be a lot of trouble to defences at this level
McSheffrey (when did he sign, or has he??) - looks solid, aggressive and fairly pacey

Last night was my first pre season and although we have lots of fire power i think Johnson looks the player that could be our weapon. nimble and fast.

It is nice looking at the team and the first thing that hits you is at least 3 players that can be 20 plus goal getters. A midfield nightmare of combo's

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »
I wondered if three games in seven days in this heat and on rock hard pitches may have had a bearing on our game. Roberts brought some pace and quick passing when he came on, we were missing that in the first half.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 07:39:16 AM »
Is/was McSheffrey a triallist?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 09:32:56 AM »

Yep. Was at Grimsby last season, but is mainly known for spells at Coventry and Birmingham. Would add a lot of experience to the attack.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 01:22:50 PM »

Yep. Was at Grimsby last season, but is mainly known for spells at Coventry and Birmingham. Would add a lot of experience to the attack.
A Coventry legend for sure, l know he is 35 but l would give him a contract, he has always been good at linking up play,and being aggressive.
His experience might be invaluable this season.