Author Topic: Adam Marriott speculation  (Read 7491 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Marriott speculation
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »
Probably 500 ish. That's about what a player of the calibre of both these two commands at this level

Both are really good signings and a statement of intent. Well done to the board for finding the cash. If Margetts stays fit it's an awesome strike force - as good as anything in the division. Backed up by the undoubted quality of Arnold too. Can't see there being a problem with the 'goals scored' column

And that is big big money at this level? Get real that is peanuts.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »
Probably 500 ish.

You don't seem very sure!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »
All specualtion.
Marriott dropped down to that level as ge wanted to go part time while he was at University.
I dont think Royston are big spenders and were perhaps convenient at the time for Marriott.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 11:48:20 AM »
Heard they are both on £600 per week, from a reliable source, but no concrete evidence to prove it, but I would think that figure to be about right for strikers of this quality

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »
Got to chuckle when we all start speculate about money when to be fair non of us have a clue. Yer sure they could be on a wack of cash but deals can also include other things other than cash that to some players is worth more than the cash.

I.E Arnold wanted to stop full time football and also wanted to learn more into coaching. We offered both so maybe he was not bothered about a big pay packet.

Marriott may have done his homework and seen theres many players gone upwards from Boston so maybe he looks at Boston a a better shop window than most.

List could go on such as how well is the club sold to them, Other players from there area to travel with etc. It may take a wage to bring players that are in prime but maybe not so much cash for good players that have other reasons.

Jono....     Wants to get back to his fitness
Marriott... Needs a shop window
Arnold.....Wants to play but want to focus past playing more

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
For all 3 of Arnold, Marriott and Margetts I think we are the right club at the right time.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 01:08:18 PM »
For all 3 of Arnold, Marriott and Margetts I think we are the right club at the right time.

Agree 100%. Not all about money

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
Probably 500 ish. That's about what a player of the calibre of both these two commands at this level

Both are really good signings and a statement of intent. Well done to the board for finding the cash. If Margetts stays fit it's an awesome strike force - as good as anything in the division. Backed up by the undoubted quality of Arnold too. Can't see there being a problem with the 'goals scored' column
Do you see a problem with the goals against column,I still think there is work to do in that area.
It's not a negative though as l think it will improve as they gel together, the competition for places seems to strong in this team.