Author Topic: Sponsored run on Sunday 8th July  (Read 2278 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Sponsored run on Sunday 8th July
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
I'm doing the Leeds Run for All 10K on Sunday as part of my "Running Down Dementia" challenge. Although I've been threatening you all with a sponsorship plea for sorting out the Patter Prediction League each season, it's actually the first sponsored run I've done for quite a few years. Looks like it's going to be a scorcher here in Leeds, so it's going to be a tough one.

So if you've got a bit of spare cash that you would like to give to a very worthy cause - it's going to Alzheimer's Research UK to help fund research into finding treatments for Alzheimer's - then pop over to the page below where you can find out how to donate. It is all greatly appreciated.

https://runningdowndementia2018.everydayhero.com/uk/ken-1

I'll be starting up the Prediction League again soon. Only 11 days until that first competitive match of the season at Lincoln United in the Lincs Senior Cup.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored run on Sunday 8th July
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:15:14 PM »

Donated. Good luck Ken, hope the weather cools down a bit by Sunday!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »

Donated. Good luck Ken, hope the weather cools down a bit by Sunday!

It was yesterday!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:29:27 PM »
Many, many thanks to everyone who has donated so far. It's greatly appreciated. The Leeds Run for All 10K was quite a struggle in the heat. It was about 25°C in the shade at the start, but there was very little shade and none in the last couple of miles! Started overheating and my heart rate was steadily rising so decided it was time to take it easy. Where's a typical wet, cold British summer when you need it?! Checking my run log revealed it was the third hottest temperature recorded for of any of my races - so not too surprising I wasn't quite as fast as I usually am over 10K. Finished in 44:31 in 272nd place out of 5545 finishers - so just about respectable. Lost four pounds in weight. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »
Well done Ken