Author Topic: New signings  (Read 28436 times)

youngchubby69

Re: New signings
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 03:21:07 PM »
Has anyone got a phone number for Waide Fairhurst?

Dennis Green; he's got him on speedial, they are huge buddies & run an previously owned sky box market stall together.
They also cut each others grass 😀

Yes Chubbs waide did offer Den grass cutting employment at his country estate after his departure from York st. Den offered waide a Pie & chips all u can eat buffet service but waide declined stating he preferred his fast food in the car park adjacent to the Pilgrim Lounge only on match days tho. 🤗

Waide Fairhurst.
"An addiction to take aways"
That could be a great title for his autobiography

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
Fairhurst was on the bench for Sheffield FC on Saturday in their friendly against Chesterfield, Adam Chapman started.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »
Ross Hannah has joined Gainsborough. That's a quality piece of recruitment. Easily good enough for NLN - should score hat fulls in Northern Prem with the right service

Can they challenge Basford and South Shields who should both be right up there in a tough division

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
Great news Grant Roberts and Andre Johnson have got themselves a deal.
Again well done to the board for backing this.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »
I reckon that will be it for now since Roberts and Johnson have signed. At this level relatively easy to add a couple of loanees and shed a couple (on loan) as the season progresses. Bit disappointed Wade Fairhurst never made the cut mind.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 09:27:07 PM »
I reckon that will be it for now since Roberts and Johnson have signed. At this level relatively easy to add a couple of loanees and shed a couple (on loan) as the season progresses. Bit disappointed Wade Fairhurst never made the cut mind.

I think we will see 1 or 2 more yet. RB/CB Still needs addressing as one injury could leave us short there

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 09:54:42 PM »
Looking at parliament live at the moment , I think it will be difficult to spot my MP Matt Warman , he will have done more Brexit twist and turns today he may have disappeared up his own ar*ehole .

Where does you MP represent party and Brexit wise Pete B ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
Looking at parliament live at the moment , I think it will be difficult to spot my MP Matt Warman , he will have done more Brexit twist and turns today he may have disappeared up his own ar*ehole .

What has that got to do with BUFC signings?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:43 AM »
2 more quality signings, play offs as a minimum this year. If we can be lucky with injuries I think we could be top 3 contenders.

Can’t believe it, I’m feeling optimistic for a change, they might take a month or so to gel but we should have a competitive out fit.

Now for the fans to do their bit and help the team build confidence not slagging off the odd bad pass or mistake.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »

I'll answer that on the Brexit thread mate!!

In terms of signings, I'm so pleased Grant Roberts made the cut. What an attitude that guy must have to force his way back into the team after such a long - and presumably demoralising - layoff. Really looking forward to the season now.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
Now for the fans to do their bit and help the team build confidence not slagging off the odd bad pass or mistake.

I give it 18 minutes v Guiseley before someone shouts "bloody rubbish!!!".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
I have a Lincoln City fan as a friend ( I do not make an habit of it ) :police:.  He is backing us to win the league, he said our signings are Conference National level.  Still 20/1 in places.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »

I give it 18 minutes v Guiseley before someone shouts "bloody rubbish!!!".

18 min. Been a bit optimistic with that one

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
I have a Lincoln City fan as a friend ( I do not make an habit of it ) :police:.  He is backing us to win the league, he said our signings are Conference National level.  Still 20/1 in places.

The problem we still have is that while our first XI is quality, we won't have the squad depth some of the richer clubs enjoy. If we can avoid injuries and suspensions though... well..... you never know.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »

The problem we still have is that while our first XI is quality, we won't have the squad depth some of the richer clubs enjoy. If we can avoid injuries and suspensions though... well..... you never know.

You could be right Pete.  But I am a glass half full chap.  So much so I have bought a season ticket, for the first time in years.  I hope I am not trying to sell it on Ebay after half a dozen matches ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late