Author Topic: Pre - season friendlies  (Read 30854 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Pre - season friendlies
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:44 AM »
Game now at York Street on Wednesday.
Thanks for the info, that will save me some penny's in petroleum.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2018, 06:55:18 AM »
Do we still need someone up front with more pace ? And maybe someone with more height too ?

TEP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
That was an excellent pre-season friendly with plenty of tasty tackles and a good test. Certainly Marriots goal had class written all over it a real joy. Arnold showed what a great first touch he has and plenty of tackling when not in possession. Wafula was the outstanding player whilst on the field hardly missing a header and the perfect out ball, Craig new what he was doing in retaining him. Margetts coming on for second half had little support but showed his potential to be the leader in a lethal strike force. Think we certainly need a left back and Ryan looks like he could do with losing a pound or two. Thought Harris looked good and very industrious and our captain Brad Abbot was very good. All in all a very encouraging performance by the boys which left me very confident with an injury free run we can be right up there. EVERY ONE GO GET YOUR SEASON TICKET AND SHOW THE BOARD AND MANAGER WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM.    UTP.
Really enjoyed the game, agreed, Wafula was my stand out player worked very hard. Grant Roberts had a good game, pleased to see he's back to full fitness. The trialist who came on at right back looked good too. Another trialist, I think his number was 19, looked hard working too.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
I popped over to Boston yesterday for the match to take a few snaps of the new players. Think I got most of them. Here's a link to the usual public Facebook Album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156547727049282.1073742013.570994281&type=1&l=623b5f23d9

Here's the teamsheet to help you identify the players:

1 George Willis (Dylan Parkin 46), 2 Ben Middleton, 3 Jordan Gough (15 Ashley Jackson 46), 4 Andi Thanoj (16 Spencer Harris 46), 5 John McCombe, 6 Ryan Qualter (19 Triallist H 46), 7 Jonathan Wafula (17 Grant Roberts 46), 8 Brad Abbott (14 Triallist A 46), 9 Triallist B (12 Triallist G 46), 10 Adam Marriott (18 Jonny Margetts 59), 11 Nathan Arnold (20 Triallist D 66).

Triallist D - No 20 was Lamin Colley. Triallist B was the same one that scored the two goals in the previous two pre-season games.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2018, 09:32:13 AM »
That was an excellent pre-season friendly with plenty of tasty tackles and a good test. Certainly Marriots goal had class written all over it a real joy. Arnold showed what a great first touch he has and plenty of tackling when not in possession. Wafula was the outstanding player whilst on the field hardly missing a header and the perfect out ball, Craig new what he was doing in retaining him. Margetts coming on for second half had little support but showed his potential to be the leader in a lethal strike force. Think we certainly need a left back and Ryan looks like he could do with losing a pound or two. Thought Harris looked good and very industrious and our captain Brad Abbot was very good. All in all a very encouraging performance by the boys which left me very confident with an injury free run we can be right up there. EVERY ONE GO GET YOUR SEASON TICKET AND SHOW THE BOARD AND MANAGER WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM.    UTP.

Well summised Oxo, agree with pretty much everything especially combined with performances from other pre season games. Only disagreement would be the left back comment, having two options already contracted in Jackson and Gough. From what I've seen so far Jackson could be a real good find so excited to see who wins that battle for the starting LB berth
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:33:58 AM by Batistuta »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Really enjoyed the game, agreed, Wafula was my stand out player worked very hard. Grant Roberts had a good game, pleased to see he's back to full fitness. The trialist who came on at right back looked good too. Another trialist, I think his number was 19, looked hard working too.

Sorry forgot to mention Grant who I agree proved his fitness and should certainly be signed.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2018, 10:51:51 AM »
I popped over to Boston yesterday for the match to take a few snaps of the new players. Think I got most of them. Here's a link to the usual public Facebook Album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156547727049282.1073742013.570994281&type=1&l=623b5f23d9

Here's the teamsheet to help you identify the players:

1 George Willis (Dylan Parkin 46), 2 Ben Middleton, 3 Jordan Gough (15 Ashley Jackson 46), 4 Andi Thanoj (16 Spencer Harris 46), 5 John McCombe, 6 Ryan Qualter (19 Triallist H 46), 7 Jonathan Wafula (17 Grant Roberts 46), 8 Brad Abbott (14 Triallist A 46), 9 Triallist B (12 Triallist G 46), 10 Adam Marriott (18 Jonny Margetts 59), 11 Nathan Arnold (20 Triallist D 66).

Triallist D - No 20 was Lamin Colley. Triallist B was the same one that scored the two goals in the previous two pre-season games.
Trialst B was Andre Johnson
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
Dre Johnson joined Worksop after leaving Derby County 4 or 5 seasons ago. Since then he has played for several clubs including Matlock Town, Heanor Town, Stamford, Halesowen, Frickley, Corby Town and Alfreton Town(where I think he finished last season).

Pacey striker.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:03:45 AM by Finchley Tiger »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Number 9, I thought he had an excellent first half. Shame he couldn't slot the chance he had home.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »

Sorry forgot to mention Grant who I agree proved his fitness and should certainly be signed.
Very much agree that Grant should get a deal, he is a proven player at this level and has a lot of quality about his play.
Nice to say hello to you today, but you probably wouldn't remember who I was, sat not far away from you.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2018, 08:42:40 AM »
According to Twitter we have Andre Johnson a striker, Harry Middleton midfielder, (Bens brother) Sam Topliss defender and utility man, Jack Vann.
Will see if any make it to the season ahead.

The Striker looked good, Sam Topliss, I think played second half at right back, looked ok too.
The other two, I can't work out which was which!!
Oscar Wilde

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »

Middleton's brother was the one which looked like Middleton.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »

Middleton's brother was the one which looked like Middleton.

Quote of the year ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2018, 10:37:44 PM »
So we lost tonight to Lincoln Utd.
I am a bit confused by it all and it just goes to show how much work is to be done with this team yet.
I am sure that things will come together, Garry Mcsheffrey from Grimsby was playing for us tonight and I thought he played well as did Grant Roberts and Andre Johnson who both scored for us.
Topliss and Mcsheffrey were both named as players tonight instead of trialists, does that mean they have signed.

youngchubby69

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
So we lost tonight to Lincoln Utd.
I am a bit confused by it all and it just goes to show how much work is to be done with this team yet.
I am sure that things will come together, Garry Mcsheffrey from Grimsby was playing for us tonight and I thought he played well as did Grant Roberts and Andre Johnson who both scored for us.
Topliss and Mcsheffrey were both named as players tonight instead of trialists, does that mean they have signed.
I thought Jackson was outstanding tonight and looks like a very good player and find.
Harry Middleton was also named as a player.
Wafula was not here tonight but Jay was and having a run around the pitch.