Author Topic: Pre - season friendlies  (Read 30853 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pre - season friendlies
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »
Agree with above comments re Colley.

But...…….many older fans will recall a former striker on trial who had been rejected by other clubs including the Imps , we did likewise ,
What happened to Devon White ?
if I'm right he went to QPR via Bristol Rovers and played in their first team squad in the first ever Premier League season.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 08:39:28 PM »

Have we ever had Twins play for us before??

I can't remember any twins, but I can remember some brothers who have both played for us, Micky and Derek Nuttell, Clive and Dave Worthington, Mark and Richard Jones. Also related and both played for us, father and son Pedro and Jordan Richards.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »

I can't remember any twins, but I can remember some brothers who have both played for us, Micky and Derek Nuttell, Clive and Dave Worthington, Mark and Richard Jones. Also related and both played for us, father and son Pedro and Jordan Richards.

Simon and Ross w

youngchubby69

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
I can remember Del Boy & Rodney were on the touchline for one match only lol.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Nathan and Zema Abbey, Ryan and Ewen Clarke, Harry and Sam Vince...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2018, 10:03:01 PM »
Don and Geoff Hazledine .

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2018, 07:00:22 AM »
Wes and Liam Parker

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2018, 07:20:35 AM »
Steve and Leroy Chambers.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »

I did a "Mindbender" about twins and noted the ones that had played for Boston United:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/puzzle36.html

Non-identical twins

Approximately one in every seventy births produces twins. As children they are usually raised together and share a very similar environment as they grow up. But one third of all twins born share much more than this – identical twins have exactly the same genes. Twins have always been interesting, but in recent decades they have become seriously hot property. Scientists would like to study twins. The reason for the interest is the chance to find out how our environment and our genes interact to influence our lives. Non-identical twins have genes which are as different as any normal brother or sister but their environment as they are growing up is very similar. They allow the effects of any genetic difference to be studied very accurately. Identical twins share the same genes and, more often than not, the same environment. Some identical twins, however, find themselves separated at a young age and brought up in different homes. They share all the same genes but experience a very different environment. If there are differences between them it is likely to be because of their different environments. The only twins who have played for Boston United are the Dagg brothers in the 1949/50 season. Harry Dagg went on to play for Lincoln City but his brother John never followed him to the Imps.

Here is a puzzle about twins.

The puzzle

One day Kerry celebrated her birthday. Two days later her older twin brother, Terry, celebrated his birthday. How come?

No time machines are required to come up with the solution! This puzzle won the Game Magazine competition for the best "How Come" puzzle in 1992.

Click here for the solution.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
I believe trialist Jack is Jack Vann, from Harrogate - was on loan at Trinity last season
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2018, 05:55:20 PM »
Good result today 1-1, I thought we looked very good in spells.
Marriott's goal was pure class and he will get a bucket full this season.
Grant Roberts had a good game and I would like to see him get a deal.
Wafula played well and looked a handful.
Ben Middleton not so good today though.
But overall I was impressed.

youngchubby69

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2018, 06:00:11 PM »
Now can someone please confirm what day next week, that we are actually playing Lincoln Utd.
I have it down as Wednesday but the announcer today said Tuesday.
Both clubs fixture list say Wednesday the 18th.
Confused now l am.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
That was an excellent pre-season friendly with plenty of tasty tackles and a good test. Certainly Marriots goal had class written all over it a real joy. Arnold showed what a great first touch he has and plenty of tackling when not in possession. Wafula was the outstanding player whilst on the field hardly missing a header and the perfect out ball, Craig new what he was doing in retaining him. Margetts coming on for second half had little support but showed his potential to be the leader in a lethal strike force. Think we certainly need a left back and Ryan looks like he could do with losing a pound or two. Thought Harris looked good and very industrious and our captain Brad Abbot was very good. All in all a very encouraging performance by the boys which left me very confident with an injury free run we can be right up there. EVERY ONE GO GET YOUR SEASON TICKET AND SHOW THE BOARD AND MANAGER WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM.    UTP.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2018, 09:16:45 PM »
Now can someone please confirm what day next week, that we are actually playing Lincoln Utd.
I have it down as Wednesday but the announcer today said Tuesday.
Both clubs fixture list say Wednesday the 18th.
Confused now l am.
Lincoln Utd’s game against Lincoln City on Monday has been postponed due to the condition of their pitch. So I assume our game there must be in some doubt?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
Game now at York Street on Wednesday.