Author Topic: Pre - season friendlies  (Read 30842 times)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Pre - season friendlies
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 09:48:20 AM »
Hardy doesn't fund Basford. Notts may rent training facilities down there but that's all

Basford are self funding. They've got a couple of wealthy businessmen in the background but Hardy is not one of them

Their facilities are second to none at Step 3 level and with a little tweaking could get to Step 1 level. They pay big money out for that level (10k transfer fees and 400 plus a week) and if they get it right could well be in NLN next season but the Northern Prem is increasingly tough

Chris Munroe is one of Basford's backers, by his own admission he has spent £1.5 million on them as they have risen up through the leagues in the past few seasons.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/playing-front-15-fans-dreaming-1389111

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
Terrible defeat. Only to be expected after a shocking summer recruitment progeamme that has made us a laughing stock. Adam Murray was unbeaten in his first four friendlies last season. We need immediate changes - and a new ground.
I see you are full of positivity already, Adam Murray was a total joke, winning friendlies is all he could do, short memory you have, were did Murray leave us, was it second from bottom with a load of his summer recruitment shite.
You seriously need to get a grip of yourself, it's one friendly with new players and trialists against an promotion winning team.
If you actually get off your backside and take a trip down the A16 you will see that work is progressing on the stadium site.
I think its all meant to be tongue in cheek Chubbs
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »
Terrible defeat. Only to be expected after a shocking summer recruitment progeamme that has made us a laughing stock. Adam Murray was unbeaten in his first four friendlies last season. We need immediate changes - and a new ground.
I see you are full of positivity already, Adam Murray was a total joke, winning friendlies is all he could do, short memory you have, were did Murray leave us, was it second from bottom with a load of his summer recruitment shite.
You seriously need to get a grip of yourself, it's one friendly with new players and trialists against an promotion winning team.
If you actually get off your backside and take a trip down the A16 you will see that work is progressing on the stadium site.

Oh mate..... that's flown straight over your head!

(ps - the work is apparently just drainage works, not the stadium)

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
Bless you Youngchubby, calm down mate, it is only a bit of fun. UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 11:06:26 AM »
Calm down Young Chubs - all tongue in cheek :) Glad the new ground is coming on. It's a bit far for me to pop down to have a look as I'm in Norfolk but I do commit to a season ticket and will be there come August.

TEP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
Chubbs you took those posts hook line and sinker,

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:56 PM »

Oh mate..... that's flown straight over your head!

(ps - the work is apparently just drainage works, not the stadium)
I think it did a little, got seriously out of the bed with a sore head this morning, so apologies if my replies have been harsh and waspish.
Had a look at the stadium site yesterday, and there is a serious amount of hardcore and stone going down to form what I think is a compound / parking area.
The best view is from tritton lane.
I don't know if it is the start of the stadium works but  a positive to see work on the site.

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
Calm down Young Chubs - all tongue in cheek :) Glad the new ground is coming on. It's a bit far for me to pop down to have a look as I'm in Norfolk but I do commit to a season ticket and will be there come August.

TEP
Sorry TIPS
I hope the sun is shining in Norfolk, I will be heading out to sunny Hunstanton this evening myself.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »

In Lincoln? I know the stadium is outside of Boston, but not that far...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »

Don't start him off again ;)

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »

Don't start him off again ;)
Sorry Tytton Lane East,  heading towards Boston from Kirton on the A16, take the second exit on the Quadrant roundabout,then take the next right turn on to Tytton Lane East, on your immediate right hand side there is an opening/access and you can view the works from there.
Hope this helps you find the location.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »

It's not in Lincoln either.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 05:35:04 PM »
You are right Boo. It's Tritton Road.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 11:01:47 PM »
Bloody rubbish Boston. Relegation battle this season I’m afraid.
Oh the positivity is amazing,, it's one friendly for god's sake.
come on Chubby... spot a bit of tongue in cheek banter

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »
Bloody rubbish Boston. Relegation battle this season I’m afraid.
Oh the positivity is amazing,, it's one friendly for god's sake.
come on Chubby... spot a bit of tongue in cheek banter
[/quote
I will try harder next time.