Author Topic: New Striker Signed  (Read 21470 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: New Striker Signed
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 12:22:31 PM »
On paper a brilliant signing.

Jonny Margetts.

Football isn't played on paper.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
On paper a brilliant signing.

Jonny Margetts.

Football isn't played on paper.

Another delighted punter.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
NF, when we lost what I'd call 'average' Jordan Keane to Stockport, you said it showed they have showed good intent with their signings. What by signing this sort of player ? You went on to say we'd become an unfunny joke. Whilst for every team in the league, the proof will be in the pudding, I don't think any reasonable supporter would argue that we've shown good intent with the signings made so far.

TEP

ps. maybe if you stayed to the end of matches rather than walking out when we're two nil down you may learn something :)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »
We can help by turning up and encouraging. No more of this 'rubbish' being shouted from Spain lane if a throw in goes astray.
It's a thought but I doubt that will happen!! Anyone on here that stands on Spain lane on or around the halfway line will know what i'm on about.  :D :D :D

That bloke is an idiot.  He seems to pick a player he dislikes at the start of the season.  He is then on his back every time he plays.  He also seems to have the biggest mouth.  So if he is on this forum (  SHUT THE **** UP ) and encourage the lads.  End of rant ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 07:05:55 PM »
If we get a fit Jonny margetts for a season then he'll bang 25+ goals in with the midfield we have

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 10:44:15 PM »
Why do our fans have to have a go at each other? Football is a game of opinions and is supposed to be played in our case by grown men who I am sure have been called a lot worse than rubbish.

I have supported this club for over 50 years and to be fair some of the games / players we have been graced with in the last few years have been poor.

However a new season will soon be with us and renewed hope with the signings being made and a very capable manager.

So hopefully the support will increase and resemble that of our last league game at Wrexham where we encouraged our lads all game and were applauded by their fans at the end.

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »
Why do our fans have to have a go at each other? Football is a game of opinions and is supposed to be played in our case by grown men who I am sure have been called a lot worse than rubbish.

I have supported this club for over 50 years and to be fair some of the games / players we have been graced with in the last few years have been poor.

However a new season will soon be with us and renewed hope with the signings being made and a very capable manager.

So hopefully the support will increase and resemble that of our last league game at Wrexham where we encouraged our lads all game and were applauded by their fans at the end.
Hi
We only have friendly banter on here, and no one is personally abusive to each other.
We don't all agree with each other at times and everyone has an opinion about anything and everything.
This is a cracking forum and probably one of the oldest around.
I have at times been put in my place and told off on here, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
We are all united in one thing, the love and passion for Boston Utd.
Welcome to the forum and I hope you will enjoy the many topics and threads on here.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »
Its not friendly banter at all.

Some of it is downright rude and in some cases it gets very personal.

Interesting to see there's much better 'banter' on the Facebook Groups and Twitter where you know who you are talking to, rather than on here where a lot of the posters are unknown.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
Im the admin for the facebook page.
I think people respect eachother on there a bit more.
If anyone gets personal, i just kick them out anyway.
We all have different opinions, thats the beauty of football and the  affiliation we have with our team.

You dont have to agree with everyone, but people do need to show a bit of class when giving your opinion back.
Come on you yellas!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »

Interesting to see there's much better 'banter' on the Facebook Groups and Twitter where you know who you are talking to, rather than on here where a lot of the posters are unknown.
Yes I love all the foul mouth language on Facebook,
You see load's on here all the time.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 10:01:01 AM »
Im the admin for the facebook page.
I think people respect eachother on there a bit more.
If anyone gets personal, i just kick them out anyway.
We all have different opinions, thats the beauty of football and the  affiliation we have with our team.

You dont have to agree with everyone, but people do need to show a bit of class when giving your opinion back.
Come on you yellas!

Can I ask what the facebook group is called please?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
Thank you, link doesn't appear to work though.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
You need to be invited as it is a closed group
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2018, 08:15:01 PM »

Its worse than that , very vile and personal would be a more apt description ,
thankfully the worst culprits rarely come on here now . :)