Author Topic: Any additions yet?  (Read 40251 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Any additions yet?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
What a cracking signing Arnold is. This just proves my point about keeping quiet until deals are signed, there is no doubt many others would have been sniffing around. Keep em coming like that Craig great start.  UTP
Couldn't agree more Mel, l was only joking with a Lincoln city fan friend this morning about him coming to Boston.
I thought could he would he, and here he is.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »
Well he was well worth the wait!

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 07:47:28 PM »
Here we were a few days ago, being all down about Hemmings not staying, but Nathan is a real step up from Hemmings, looking at the non league news there are quite a few players leaving clubs that I thought would never leave on their own accord.
Probably a few heading to Boston, and perhaps a few dropping down from league footbal, perhaps who knows.

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »
A few of CE old players have left Shaw Lane, two have gone to Trinity and a couple are yet to be announced at other clubs including Harris the Captain, and Byrne the winger.
Could they be heading our way ??

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 08:48:05 PM »
What a cracking signing Arnold is. This just proves my point about keeping quiet until deals are signed, there is no doubt many others would have been sniffing around. Keep em coming like that Craig great start.  UTP
I fully agree, a cracking signing.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 09:15:40 PM »
Thomson is being retained by Guisely fact.

Presumably though Thompson's contract was based on full time football. If the club reverts to part time status then the contract can't be worth the paper it was written on. And it may get harder for them to retain him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »
Thomson is being retained by Guisely fact.

Presumably though Thompson's contract was based on full time football. If the club reverts to part time status then the contract can't be worth the paper it was written on. And it may get harder for them to retain him.

Southwell and Thompson must pose a big problem for Bignot ,  desperate to cut the wage bill , but who will pay a fee and match Southwell wages .   I guess his first choice is to keep Thompson and sell Southwell .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 09:30:33 PM »
Looking at the New Fishy many Grimsby fans would have taken Nathan back .

It would complete a great double if Craig can snatch Josh Wilde from the grasp of Billy Heath .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 08:23:30 AM »
Well, I started the post and i'm more than happy with the first new face.
Well done CE, keep them coming like that and we as supporters will be more than happy.  :) :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
Didn't Nathan sign on loan for Salford? Perhaps his lack of match appearances for them influenced his decision. Is   he on loan to us or is he a one year contract player?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:50 PM »
Didn't Nathan sign on loan for Salford? Perhaps his lack of match appearances for them influenced his decision. Is   he on loan to us or is he a one year contract player?

It was reported he left Lincoln so he's not on loan from them. He's ours.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »
He was a free agent, after leaving Lincoln last week. He's signed permanently as a player/coach (has his UEFA B badge).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »
Next signing as just been announced: Ben Middleton!! Outstanding work to bring him back.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
It keeps getting better, keep it up Craig 8)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Two quality signings these, not going to be any doubts as to whether they will be good enough.

No need to panic!

The strikers are the only real area of concern at the moment with none in the squad. I'm sure CE and his coaching/scouting team will sort this.