Author Topic: Jordan Keane  (Read 13046 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Keane
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 01:20:23 PM »

Apparently he has said that Stockport is a proper club going places, so from that comment he obviously doesn't think we are.

I'll not disagree with him.

The fact we're the longest serving club in this league tells you everything. It seems we're happy to be a second rate non league club just treading water. We might have a decent stadium but that's it, year on year the support declines and expectation levels become lower and lower.

Good luck to him, Stockport might be a bit of a joke but they at least show some intent with their recruitment, we've simply become a pretty unfunny joke.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »
Several of our out-of-contract players are signed up with the same "Sportz Connexions" agent. Connexions will only really make money if they move on since I can't imagine we have much spare for signing on/agent fees, and so clearly this agency will be on the phone trying to find better deals for the players somewhere else. In Keane's case, they succeeded. It's nothing to do with Stockport being onto good things - I highly doubt Keane has an intricate knowledge of their squad. He's just gone for the extra $$$ for himself and the agent.

To be honest, I find the idea of agents operating at this level a bit embarrassing for all concerned, but hey ho - nothing we can do to change it. The simple fact is that those players have absolutely no intention of staying at Boston if the agency can find them a new home.

post of the thread

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »

Apparently he has said that Stockport is a proper club going places, so from that comment he obviously doesn't think we are.

The fact we're the longest serving club in this league tells you everything. It seems we're happy to be a second rate non league club just treading water. We might have a decent stadium but that's it, year on year the support declines and expectation levels become lower and lower.

Good luck to him, Stockport might be a bit of a joke but they at least show some intent with their recruitment, we've simply become a pretty unfunny joke.

Oh, Andy - it's really not that bad! But come on then, how would you change things for the better with the budget we've got? What is the chairman not doing that you would to get us competing with the rich teams?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »
Good luck to him. Thanks for your help last year but that's it. I don't think he's that great and CE will find a more than adequate replacement I believe.

Noughtyforties, you are being pretty harsh there. I don't think we're a joke at all. And to knock our recruitment progress when we're still in May is a bit premature. It could come to bite you like it did last season when you stormed out when we were losing, only for us to fight back :)

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
Several of our out-of-contract players are signed up with the same "Sportz Connexions" agent. Connexions will only really make money if they move on since I can't imagine we have much spare for signing on/agent fees, and so clearly this agency will be on the phone trying to find better deals for the players somewhere else. In Keane's case, they succeeded. It's nothing to do with Stockport being onto good things - I highly doubt Keane has an intricate knowledge of their squad. He's just gone for the extra $$$ for himself and the agent.

To be honest, I find the idea of agents operating at this level a bit embarrassing for all concerned, but hey ho - nothing we can do to change it. The simple fact is that those players have absolutely no intention of staying at Boston if the agency can find them a new home.
Well put Pete, we always get the comments on here about clubs not being loyal to their players etc and how you can't blame the players going for better money.
Well in this case Boston were loyal to those they offered deals too.
I don't think Craig will loose to much sleep over any of them, and I won't either,  l simply say  " that's the offer take it or take a hike"
Let's  not waste anymore time on time wasters and move on,
IMO none of those  players who didn't or are considering offers were outstanding, Hemmings was ok in some games but wasn't consistent enough and often got blasted at times by CE.
So my message to them and there money grabbing agents is get lost and move on to those clubs who are willing to pay for midiocre talent.

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »

So l guess you will not be coming to watch this season, or should we go back to boom and bust, because that is why we are where we are today.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
He is free to take whatever job he wishes. If it is more convenient and more money what is he going to do?

I thought he was OK, but not in the same league as Pidge and Pearson. He had a tendancy to get under the ball when clearing headers, but as I said he was an OK player.... Good luck to him.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 04:28:54 PM »
Liked him a proper winner. Lets be realistic Stockport are a sleeping giant in non-league, and depending where Jordan lives from a geographical point maybe a win win , so lets not be to harsh on a player who for me was a 100% man on the pitch.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
I also wish him all the best, though sorry to see him go. He played out of position under Murray, but never let us down, and was then one of the stand-out players of the recovery under CE once in his best position.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »

So l guess you will not be coming to watch this season, or should we go back to boom and bust, because that is why we are where we are today.

We are at the same level we have been basically since the early 90's barring those few years with Steve Evans at the helm, without going for bust this is our level over the last 25+ years, getting into the Conference would be a bonus but I don't think we should expect it, especially when we were seeing gates drop to under 1000 during the late part of this season.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »

Doesn't look like a year on year decline to me. Bit of a rollercoaster. Goes up and down due to a variety of factors.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »
depending where Jordan lives from a geographical point maybe a win win

Nottingham...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
It's a pity we can't find others who would back the  club financially. We rely on David Newton too much which can't be good in the long term. Surely there are some businesses who could help or are we just in a football backwater? What is  the club doing to attract them?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »
How many clubs in Con North have got more players than us signed up ?  Not many .  Early days for the moaners to start complaining . 
Others seem to underestimate the size of Craig's task ,  is it really that easy to replace the likes of Keane Hemmings etc .  I think not .
Think back a few seasons we were told by a small band of supporters if we sacked the manager we would go on to better things and bigger gates ,,  easily replacing the likes Mills , Southwell, Pidge , Kaine etc   Don't think we should listen to them anymore . They should take on board the comments of delbar , Pete B etc .

Just to add to the comments while many complain of other clubs funded above their income thats the way its been for us for decades , from the Malkinsons through to the HMRC {Evans era ) and now Chestnuts .
At the same time we boasted of playing in a great stadium , sadly it was a stadium that in all honesty was too expensive and we lived above our means in that respect  . 

Any of the moaners out there got a blueprint of how the club will/shouldbe run post Chestnuts ?

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »
How many clubs in Con North have got more players than us signed up ?  Not many .  Early days for the moaners to start complaining . 
Others seem to underestimate the size of Craig's task ,  is it really that easy to replace the likes of Keane Hemmings etc .  I think not .
Think back a few seasons we were told by a small band of supporters if we sacked the manager we would go on to better things and bigger gates ,,  easily replacing the likes Mills , Southwell, Pidge , Kaine etc   Don't think we should listen to them anymore . They should take on board the comments of delbar , Pete B etc .

Just to add to the comments while many complain of other clubs funded above their income thats the way its been for us for decades , from the Malkinsons through to the HMRC {Evans era ) and now Chestnuts .
At the same time we boasted of playing in a great stadium , sadly it was a stadium that in all honesty was too expensive and we lived above our means in that respect  . 

Any of the moaners out there got a blueprint of how the club will/shouldbe run post Chestnuts ?

I am just thankful we still have a club to watch, it was never going to be easy for us to compete after the financial collapse of the club.
I don't get it how some fans just expect us to be successful, because we have a nice stadium and are Boston United.
As l have said before we are not a big club in non league anymore, and we have to accept that and just keep the club afloat until it can stand on its own two feet financially.
You are spot on GHM regarding the fact that no one is willing to come forward with a blue print for taking the club forward after the the Chestnut's have gone.
I as everyone else wants us to be successful and I see Craig as our opportunity to improve on the pitch without putting the club at serious financial risk.
Our future star players will be gem's from the lower leagues, who he can develop.