Author Topic: Nuneaton on the brink?  (Read 26013 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Nuneaton on the brink?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
Didn't Fylde pay them about 30 grand for Bradley a couple of seasons back? I remember them trying to get crazy cash out of us for Joe McGuire as well.

Dan Bradley never played for Nuneaton - it was Alfreton where he moved from to go to Fylde, and is now at Kiddy.

I think we only paid a few grand for Maguire.
A bloody waste of money Maguire was.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »
Didn't Fylde pay them about 30 grand for Bradley a couple of seasons back? I remember them trying to get crazy cash out of us for Joe McGuire as well.

Dan Bradley never played for Nuneaton - it was Alfreton where he moved from to go to Fylde, and is now at Kiddy.

Blimey. I didn't realise we actually paid a fee for Maguire.... I missed that one.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

Ta 4 sorting that Pilgrim 're DB. Nunny have sold any player they could get a fee for tho over past few seasons. Most of their fans are disgusted with the board. They are amazed they haven't folded b4 now.... Didn't we only get the play off place in Ferriby play off season because Nunny had points deducted?

They sold a couple to Peterborough - they had a decent relationship with them because I think Barry Fry's son was involved at Nuneaton.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »

Blimey. I didn't realise we actually paid a fee for Maguire.... I missed that one.

Think I read somewhere we paid £10,000 for him. Maybe the manager thought we were getting one of his brothers😅
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2018, 07:33:41 PM »

Think I read somewhere we paid £10,000 for him. Maybe the manager thought we were getting one of his brothers😅
Bloody must have done, l remember Greg Smith absolutely smashing him when we played Stamford in a friendly, and of course his sending off against Kettering in our FA cup defeat to them.
He was a huge let down, not as bad as Arnold and Marriott,but still a let down.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »
There's probably a good thread to be had in biggest let downs/disappointments of all time.

Personally, Nathan Arnold has surely got to be up there, but I also remember thinking Carl Smaller was going to absolutely rip the Unibond a new one back in the 90s after his move from Town and... well....

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
Kevin Slinn for me - scored bags full for Raunds Town and looked pretty good pre-season then absolutely nothing

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
Gary Porter.

The Fatwah proclaimed he could put a ball on a toadstool from 60 yards.

Needless to say he was gone by the end of September.

Shame old Fatwah didn't follow him really.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
Jim Dick, the first ever "best midfielder in our league!" . Fatty McFraud built him up, put a label/target on his back, and from then on he was doomed. Can't think where I've seen this exact scenario more recently?😁
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2018, 03:48:21 PM »
willy gamble enough said!!!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
willy gamble enough said!!!!
Now we are on the same wavelength here.
Bloody awful he was.
"Willy Gamble's Boots" who remembers that?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »
Didn't Evans pay £15,000 for a defender Mark Freeman, who never then played for the club because he was injured?

Leon Constantine and Miguel de Souza also underwhelmed.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2018, 09:18:18 AM »
Kevin Hector - never went into a challenge even when the ball was 60/40 in his favour.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
Pleased they have a new man at the top, after all we were there a few years back. I like the idea of the man of the match presentation in the club bar afterwards. These days there is so little interaction with the players, when i was a teenager going into the Sports Bar was great as all the players were mingling, and it created a great atmosphere.