Author Topic: Nuneaton on the brink?  (Read 25873 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Nuneaton on the brink?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 06:02:18 AM »
£6,250 player wage bill a week, wonder how that compares to BUFC. 1 players just left that was on £400 a week, do we pay that level or more, scary if we are.
Reading the chairman’s statement they will most likely be gone within the month. Everyone could see this happening at the end of last season after the floodlight debacle  and being locked out the ground.
A club that didn’t learn its lesson from previous bankruptcy and was allowed to repeat the same mistakes again and again. Something that’s always on my mind when we are pleading for the chairman to spend big to give us success.

How lucky we are the Chestnuts came to town when they did.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »
I think most teams pray that NUNNY fold before the winter .   
How many players would fancy a COLD SHOWER on a Saturday afternoon in the winter ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
If they dropped out today it would drop us to 7th with a 3 point reduction. Telford, Bradford and Chester haven't played them yet, so wouldn't lose anything, and would therefore go above us.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 09:36:51 AM »
Nunny never had a game yesterday, was this on the fixture list or could they not raise a team?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
Nunny never had a game yesterday, was this on the fixture list or could they not raise a team?

Postponed due to international call ups.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
£6,250 player wage bill a week, wonder how that compares to BUFC. 1 players just left that was on £400 a week, do we pay that level or more, scary if we are.
Reading the chairman’s statement they will most likely be gone within the month. Everyone could see this happening at the end of last season after the floodlight debacle  and being locked out the ground.
A club that didn’t learn its lesson from previous bankruptcy and was allowed to repeat the same mistakes again and again. Something that’s always on my mind when we are pleading for the chairman to spend big to give us success.

Reading the AGM financial results from 2016/7 wages were about 330,000... An increase of nearly 100k on the Ferriby playoffs season before it
Suspect it was higher last season and even higher this season

That said, largely due to Craig working magic with sponsorship deals so we could afford to do this
I bet our weekly budget is between 8 and 10 grand a week.
A lot!

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »

Reading the AGM financial results from 2016/7 wages were about 330,000... An increase of nearly 100k on the Ferriby playoffs season before it

That said, largely due to Craig working magic with sponsorship deals so we could afford to do this
A lot!
Much bigger than l thought it was, nice to have a chat with you down John Adams way yesterday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »

A lot!

Many underestimate Craig's value to the club , good that Josh gives us all a reminder .
Re: the 2016/17 wages of £330k an increase of £100k the previous season , this validates DN comment that Greene was over achieving .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »

A lot!

Many underestimate Craig's value to the club , good that Josh gives us all a reminder .
Re: the 2016/17 wages of £330k an increase of £100k the previous season , this validates DN comment that Greene was over achieving .

Spot on - Craig's value to the club is something we should all take the time to appreciate. Whatever he's paid, it's not enough!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »
Established Step 2 players regularly get five or six hundred a week. Bostons big hitters will likely be on that sort of money although that will be eased by the departures of Marriott and Arnold

Allott will probably have been on 250 at Frickley I'd think. Problem at Boston seems to have been geography and the impact on a players pocket of petrol money

Seems lessons have been learnt re recruitment of 'superstars' with yesterday's result a prime example. Hopefully a longer term lesson too. Great performance too against an awful Blyth side

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »

A lot!

Yes
2015/6 £240,000 wage bill
2016/7 £330,000 wage bill
2017/8 Unknown as yet but we did have a mini FA Cup run (albeit gates dropped by a further 5% or so)
2018/9- unknown as yet but suspect plenty high enough given an open league and gambling on a decent average gate

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
The shady financial stuff has gone on there for at least 4/5 yrs, or more?  Last season a couple of their fans reeled off a host of good players they had sold on for really good money over the past few years. Didn't Fylde pay them about 30 grand for Bradley a couple of seasons back? I remember them trying to get crazy cash out of us for Joe McGuire as well. I could be wrong here & will stand corrected....did they sell a site designated for a new stadium that was all planned: then get involved in the ground share fiascos??

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2018, 08:06:12 AM »
Talking to two supporters in the club before our home match with them, they said they had restricted access to their ground.  The club could not go forward until full access was granted.  I do not know any details.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 09:24:20 AM »
Didn't Fylde pay them about 30 grand for Bradley a couple of seasons back? I remember them trying to get crazy cash out of us for Joe McGuire as well.

Dan Bradley never played for Nuneaton - it was Alfreton where he moved from to go to Fylde, and is now at Kiddy.

I think we only paid a few grand for Maguire.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
Didn't Fylde pay them about 30 grand for Bradley a couple of seasons back? I remember them trying to get crazy cash out of us for Joe McGuire as well.

Dan Bradley never played for Nuneaton - it was Alfreton where he moved from to go to Fylde, and is now at Kiddy.

I think we only paid a few grand for Maguire.

Ta 4 sorting that Pilgrim 're DB. Nunny have sold any player they could get a fee for tho over past few seasons. Most of their fans are disgusted with the board. They are amazed they haven't folded b4 now.... Didn't we only get the play off place in Ferriby play off season because Nunny had points deducted?