Author Topic: Nuneaton on the brink?  (Read 25882 times)

Animal

• View Profile
Re: Nuneaton on the brink?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
Not quite the case is it?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »
Coventry v Derby C played a friendly at Nuneaton last night .
Ref finished game early because of bad light due to floodlight failure .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 08:23:30 AM »
More to the point, why were Nuneaton Town permitted to use the name of the old, defunct club? If you read their Wikipedia page it's quite misleading as it seems this Nuneaton side are the same one who were around in the 1930s, which isn't the case.

Allowing phoenix clubs to reclaim the history of previous clubs is a very dangerous game: it means clubs will no longer fear the nuclear option of liquidation and feel there are no long term consequences for being run into the ground. They can just start again as many times as they like, carrying on as though nothing happened apart from a pesky demotion. We all suffer as a result of this kind of irresponsibility (and indeed may ourselves become victims of unscrupulous owners).

And if this is FA policy now, what the hell is the point of forcing new clubs to change their name in the first place?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
Good point.  How can we find out what the FA's Policy actually is now?
United we stand..................

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Interesting reading on their fans forum. Not all the fans believe the stories  of the floodlight generator being vandalised. Could be playing home games at Rugby or Tamworth. Why a generator anyway, can’t they be connected to the main electrical supply. All seems rather strange.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 09:55:32 AM »
Maybe no electrical supply companies will touch them after they went bust...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
The good thing is our home fixture against them is early season ,  cannot see then lasting the season .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Good point.  How can we find out what the FA's Policy actually is now?

That's assuming they even have a policy. I suspect they just make it up as they go along. Clubs should not be allowed to think that liquidation is a temporary inconvenience. It isn't - it's the end of your club, full stop.

Quite why the FA have apparently abandoned this deterrent is beyond me. Non-league football is being increasingly ruined by money as it is and as such the authorities should be doing everything in their power to ensure there's no easy get-out for clubs knowingly run into the ground. Sure, a few fans suffer (as we nearly did) but the integrity of the game is more important.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »
Seen the highlights of Coventry v Derby from Wednesday night. Well done both teams for playing on without floodlights. Nuneaton appear to have serious issues - now that is an understatement!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
Don’t clubs have to satisfy the league they are in that they have the finances, ground etc to fulfill the seasons games. Surely there must be serious concerns whether Nuneaton will be able to do that, if you look at the fans Facebook page there seems to be some disagreement with the rugby club which it looks like own the ground to the point of them blocking access to the turnstiles only a week ago.

As ever it’s the fans that suffer and if I was a Nunny fan I would be really concerned.

Are you out there Moley for a take on what’s happening.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
Don’t clubs have to satisfy the league they are in that they have the finances, ground etc to fulfill the seasons games. Surely there must be serious concerns whether Nuneaton will be able to do that, if you look at the fans Facebook page there seems to be some disagreement with the rugby club which it looks like own the ground to the point of them blocking access to the turnstiles only a week ago.

As ever it’s the fans that suffer and if I was a Nunny fan I would be really concerned.

Are you out there Moley for a take on what’s happening.

They had the same issue in the season where there gates got blocked. They had to play a game with part of the ground closed due to limited access

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
Ilkeston had similar problems a couple of years back. They couldn't pay the leccy bill and tried to run it off generators with disastrous results. Several floodlight failures
, no power to the social club, alarms tripping out every time supply failed. If non payment of bills is an issue it usually escalates. Go knows what fate awaits them. Hope it's ok for the long suffering fans

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
Reading Nunny fans forum a few minutes ago they have a potential buyer for the ground .

Reading the details I think it is goodbye Nunny , happy returns Blues .

All players have been told they can leave , one gone to day to Brackley .

Players been told they need not turn up for training thus saving them the expense of travel .

Gainsborough entitled to be bitter .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:30:47 PM by green hats mate »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
Not good GHM.  If it goes pear shape that's 3 points we have lost
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Gainsborough entitled to be bitter .

Not really.. had they not finished in the relegation zone there would be no doubt they could have stayed up!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/