Author Topic: Nuneaton on the brink?  (Read 25885 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Nuneaton on the brink?
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
Just read the chairman’s statement. Sounds like there’s no one wanting to run it with the debts it has. How lucky we are that there was at Boston.

Could Gainsborough be getting a reprieve?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton on the brink?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/news/statement-from-the-owner-2308752.html

"The club must meet certain conditions to fulfil our licence to compete in the competition. We had three things to tick off to enable this to happen, we now have one item outstanding."

What are the 3 things to fulfil? A ground must be one, plus paying the membership fee (due 7 days before the AGM)... what's the 3rd?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »
Things seem to be getting worse,  Supporters Club chairperson packs it in .

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
I believe it may be end for them again.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:45 PM »
Any club can get into financial strife, we know that more than anybody. But to go bankrupt, reform and then go bankrupt AGAIN is just ridiculous. Especially in such a short time. Both Chester and Telford are both in real trouble too.

Telford in particular should never be in this situation. Have great facilities and a perfect location for attracting players from the numerous big midlands clubs. Nuneaton not dissimilar but you would say this is the highest level they should be playing at.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »
Reading Nunny fans forum a few minutes ago they have a potential buyer for the ground .

Reading the details I think it is goodbye Nunny , happy returns Blues .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »
As the old saying goes, there by the grace of God. ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
https://nuneatontownsupporterscoop.com/2018/06/05/coop-conversation-with-mr-norman-smurthwaite/
A lot of ifs and buts in that statement, nothing is signed and sealed at all.
I would be very concerned if was a supporter.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 03:19:40 AM »
Reading Nunny fans forum a few minutes ago they have a potential buyer for the ground .

Reading the details I think it is goodbye Nunny , happy returns Blues .

Nunny fans said to us a couple of seasons ago when we drew 2--2 (after being 2--0 up) that they were going under within 18 months.  Looks like they weren't far wrong? They were totally disgusted with the way their club was being run. The current sell, sell sell (basically any player worth anything) policy was a clear message to them that Nunny were not building a team to challenge; rather a club being exploited financially for non football reasons. They gave the example of the Joe Mcquire transfer to us. He had been a steady, reliable, playmaking centre back for them. Most of them wanted to keep him to play along side a taller centre half, due to Joe's ability on the deck. As soon as other clubs (eventually us), showed interest in him the owner saw only the colour of cash & like all their other talent, Mcquire would be sold to allegedly help address nunnys serious debt situation?

What is fact is that all sorts of haggling & intrigue followed between BUFC & Nunny over the Joe Mcquire transfer. They obviously held out for as much as they could possibly get for him. Baring in mind we had just missed out on a play off final we really should have been in , & had just had 3 excellent seasons in the CN. DG had convinced Mcquire he was coming here to win promotion with us. Greedy Nunny played out that on 2 the max & got a decent fee for Joe out of us that was never disclosed by either club. It's just an example of a selling club thats chickens as they always do come home to roost. I know their fans said they had sold about 5/6 of their best in a pre/early season period 2015/16 & 17 & where had the dosh gone? Also when if ever was their new ground happening? They weren't optimistic regarding any positive future for their club ,& they weren't wrong.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:27 AM »
Did Joe end up at Buxton, was he released at the end of the season?
I remember him going out on loan there.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
He's at Trinity now.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »
So we paid money for him and he's at Trinity now. That was an excellent bit of business, did Murray bring him here in the first place?
Oscar Wilde

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
No, he was a DG signing in summer 2016... I believe Murray's first game in charge at FCUM was Maguire's last as he got injured, and didn't play for us again.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 11:02:30 PM »
Manager sacked via Twitter