Author Topic: Lincolnshire Football League  (Read 8070 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lincolnshire Football League
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »
Not everyone's cup of tea this competition, but does anyone know what is going on as far as who is actually the champions of this 10 club league which was granted Step 7 accreditation at the start of the season? Ruston Sports are currently showing as 1 point with a game in hand behind leaders Skegness Town, who have completed their programme. Ruston's game in hand was due to be against Grimsby Borough Academy and arranged/re-arranged for 7th May but mysteriously no result is showing - not even as postponed - and there is nothing on either club's twitter! The League's own website is also annoyingly quiet about it too. I think Skegness Town also applied to play at Step 6 (North Counties East Division One possibly?) next season, but not sure if this was dependant on them retaining their title or not. Answers on a postcard?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Re: Lincolnshire Football League
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
I do not know when Grimsby Borough Academy v Ruston Sports will be played. However, although this affects who wins the league I do not believe it affects Skegness Town's promotion hopes.

My understanding is that Skegness Town is the only side from the Lincs League to apply for promotion. As a result their promotion is not dependant on winning the league, they will be promoted as the highest placed applicant.

Which league they will go into is unknown at this stage. There are potentially three leagues Skeggy could end up in: NCEL Div 1 (nearest side would be Grimsby Borough Academy?), United Counties League Div 1 (nearest side would be Bourne?) or East Midland Counties League (nearest side would be Newark Flowserve?). All three leagues have been mentioned for them, whichever it is their nearest side looks to be at least an hour away, hardly ideal at step 6. 

What has to be remembered is there are some major changes at step 6 next season with two new step 6 leagues (one in the north west and one in Essex from memory) plus all step 6 leagues have to have a maximum of 20 clubs when several currently have 22 including the NCEL Div 1 and EMCL. As a result there are going to be numerous lateral movements of clubs between leagues across the country.

I was told by a NCEL Board member yesterday that the FA League Allocation Committee is due to publish the step 5-7 allocations on 25th May.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 04:30:36 PM »
I do not know when Grimsby Borough Academy v Ruston Sports will be played. However, although this affects who wins the league I do not believe it affects Skegness Town's promotion hopes.

My understanding is that Skegness Town is the only side from the Lincs League to apply for promotion. As a result their promotion is not dependant on winning the league, they will be promoted as the highest placed applicant.

Which league they will go into is unknown at this stage. There are potentially three leagues Skeggy could end up in: NCEL Div 1 (nearest side would be Grimsby Borough Academy?), United Counties League Div 1 (nearest side would be Bourne?) or East Midland Counties League (nearest side would be Newark Flowserve?). All three leagues have been mentioned for them, whichever it is their nearest side looks to be at least an hour away, hardly ideal at step 6. 

What has to be remembered is there are some major changes at step 6 next season with two new step 6 leagues (one in the north west and one in Essex from memory) plus all step 6 leagues have to have a maximum of 20 clubs when several currently have 22 including the NCEL Div 1 and EMCL. As a result there are going to be numerous lateral movements of clubs between leagues across the country.

I was told by a NCEL Board member yesterday that the FA League Allocation Committee is due to publish the step 5-7 allocations on 25th May.

Many thanks for the above information, Finchley. Sadly it looks more and more likely that the title will be settled in the Committee Room than on the pitch. However, I am pleased that Skegness Town look likely to be playing Step 6 football next season despite the obvious extensive travelling they will have to do. They have a nice new ground and a good set up and will be a credit to whichever League they will play in. Sadly, the Lincolnshire League, despite the hard work by it's Committee over the last 3 years to attain Step 7 status, does not provide teams with a game a week, even with 2 cup competitions, having just ended the recent season with only 10 clubs and a number of games unable to fulfilled, mainly due to lack of availability.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »
Lincs League should be getting at least 5 new teams - Cleethorpes Town (development squad), Gainsborough Trinity (reserves), Lincoln United (U21), Real United and Spalding United (U21)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »
Thanks for that and all the best, Scotty. Hopefully there will be a few more teams join or continue to be members of the Lincolnshire League for next season - but amazed that Cleethorpes Town have reapplied to join the competition and have been accepted given that their "Development Squad" side withdrew half way through the 2016-17 season through lack of players whilst their first team managed to bath in glory by making it to Wembley for the FA Vase Final. Anyhow, I can only stress that it is vital that this League continues as it is the only unique feeder league in the historic County of Lincolnshire and should be given full support.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
Brigg Town finished in a relegation spot in NCEL Div 1, although may yet receive a reprieve in the re-organisation, however, if they are relegated they could well go to the Lincolnshire League.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:08:54 AM »
The League have scheduled the title decider between Grimsby Borough Academy and 2nd placed Ruston Sports for Tuesday 29th May @ 7.00pm. Only a win by Ruston Sports will see them leap frog current leaders Skegness Town and gain them the championship. Pleased that the title is being decided on the pitch and not the Committee Room - but what a late finish to the season..................!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:19:20 AM by Burgh Boy »

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
There appears to be some confusion as to whether the game is going ahead on Tuesday or not. Grimsby Borough have tweeted the game is postponed due to Ruston refusing to travel, whilst someone has replied saying it is not true. Here's the twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/Grimsby_BoroAcd/status/999230383517552640

Regarding Skegness Town it has been announced today that they have been promoted to the NCEL Div 1.

EDIT Brigg Town have not been reprieved and have been relegated to Step 7. As yet I have not seen where they are going to but it could be the Lincolnshire League
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:29:55 PM by Finchley Tiger »

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 08:12:25 AM »
Well, well, well! So the League decider between Grimsby Borough Academy and Ruston Sports did not take place yesterday with a solitary status of "postponed" only found on the League's Pitchero website. No up-to-date explanation anywhere - not even on the twitter accounts of either club - but reading Finchley Tiger's link above gives some indication of, at the very least, some confusion in the matter. I guess (because that is all anyone can do!) that the title will now have to be decided in the Committee Room, probably in June, by which time no one will really care and will be concentrating on forthcoming pre-season friendlies! Appears a shambolic and unsatisfactory ending to this League's first season at step 7. I wonder what the sponsors make of it? In any case, Skegness Town will be taking their place in the Northern Counties East Division One as expected - so good luck to The Lillywhites!!  :police:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:30:17 AM by Burgh Boy »

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »
Martyn Bunce has been appointed Skeggy's new manager

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »
Excellent news for Skegness Town! Bunny will be a brilliant manager for them replacing the popular Nick Chapman who stood down at the end of the season after leading them to 3 consecutive titles (depending on who the League Committee give it to in the summer!) and promotion. Things are looking rosy for The Lillywhites!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 07:42:31 AM »
Statement just released by the Lincolnshire League:

http://www.lincolnshirefootballleague.co.uk/league-statement-51117

What a messy ending!

Congratulations to the now confirmed champions Ruston Sports. Commiserations to Skegness Town, but they are going on to bigger and better things next season.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
Statement just released by the Lincolnshire League:

http://www.lincolnshirefootballleague.co.uk/league-statement-51117

What a messy ending!

Congratulations to the now confirmed champions Ruston Sports. Commiserations to Skegness Town, but they are going on to bigger and better things next season.

Totally wrong that a League champion is decided by committee, Good luck to Skegness next season though.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
The Lincolnshire League has six new clubs next season:

Brigg Town (relegated from NCEL1)
Lincoln Moorlands (transferred from Central Midlands League North)
Gainsborouth Trinity Reserves (new club)
Cleethorpes Town Reserves (new club)
Lincoln United Reserves (new club)
Spalding United Reserves (new club)

Here is the full list of all Step 7 leagues as released by the FA yesterday: http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2018/06/11/fa-release-step-7-constitution/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 10:43:49 AM »
Is it just me, or can anybody not read the images on that link on a PC/laptop? Too small.

Here's a download of a PDF of the same information:

https://eu1rgn-api.samsungcloud.com/ors/v2/public/download/8u65xb4WYuzZ?auth_code=2942
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/