Author Topic: Piergianni  (Read 3064 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Piergianni
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »
Anyone notice that Pidge has been voted Player Of The Season by Salford Supporters?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Piergianni
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
Anyone notice that Pidge has been voted Player Of The Season by Salford Supporters?

He'll probably be on the 'released' list next just like the joint managers.  3 promotions in 4 years wasn't enough to keep them.
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »

He'll probably be on the 'released' list next just like the joint managers.  3 promotions in 4 years wasn't enough to keep them.

I'm sure he was announced as their play of the season after the game we won. No shock - he was outstanding that day, and if he's been playing like that all season it's a deserved accolade.

No great surprise regarding the managers - I said on another thread they'd be out of their depth in the National League. They way they stumbled over the line in NLN made me think Salford would probably get rid, but I didn't expect it to be this quickly!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »
With the Salford managers I think it's one of those situations where performance has to be taken into consideration with the resources they have available. Whilst money doesn't always buy success, from the outside it appears as though they had by far the biggest budget in the league, likely to make ours look like a drop in the ocean. Their budget only made them favourites to win the league at the start of the season.

No doubt with their recent success they will soon get offered another in our league.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »
With the Salford managers I think it's one of those situations where performance has to be taken into consideration with the resources they have available. Whilst money doesn't always buy success, from the outside it appears as though they had by far the biggest budget in the league, likely to make ours look like a drop in the ocean. Their budget only made them favourites to win the league at the start of the season.

No doubt with their recent success they will soon get offered another in our league.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after seeing how crap Salford were when we played them. Easy to say it was an off day, but the results towards the end of the season suggest it was far from a blip. Gary Neville is no mug - he'll have clocked the poor performances right away.