Author Topic: Jordan Keane  (Read 13194 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Keane
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
We are a traditional non-league 'sleeping giant'. If and when we become successful, we'll see crowds shoot up like they did at Lincoln (relatively speaking of course, not saying we'll get 9k a game). I know it might seem unambitious to some, but I'm quite happy with how the club is run and operated at the moment. There are always caveats to that of course (I want to see that effin' new stadium started), but in the absence of any other alternatives to the current situation I'm really at a complete loss as to how people can complain.

You only have to look across non-league at various clubs in states of acute financial distress to realise we're actually quite lucky to have a chairman who runs us as well as he does. No of course we can't compete financially but aside from that I'd say we are easily in the top rung of NLN clubs when it comes to how we go about our business. That, if nothing else, is a hell of a thing to be proud of.

We're a clever manager away from being a real force in this league. And NEWSFLASH! We've got a clever manager....

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:12 AM »
Keane was probably Murray's key signing pushing Jamma close. However, let's be honest about him....he was only an average holding midfielder/centre half. Yes he will always give 100%. Was he an Ellender or a Ross, Richards or a Pearson....No!
Under AM like all of them he looked lost, CE cleverly made him skipper & he stepped up. He will be replaced by better & we will be more potent in that holding midfield area next time round. Stockport have more or less been a midtable outfit since they joined us from the conference 5 yrs ago; the main reason for that is constantly signing players of Keane's ilk. He's probably no better than they already have & if they are eying play offs next season he will be a squad no utility bench warmer for them. It's actually a sign that we have eyes on at least top 7 that CE has not fought 2 keep him. It's freed up the budget for a better defensive midfield option.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »
If I recall correctly Keane was voted 2nd in the fans POY ,  more tellingly he was voted NUMBER 1 by his team mates so if the comments by posters on here questioning his contributions are correct it appears last seasons players AND supporters are appalling judges of a players ability . ???

When a teenager I was contemplating a career as a vicar thinking a job turning up 2 hrs on a Sunday morning with a plate full of tax fee cash at the end of the stint would be a great career .  Then someone wiser than me pointed out that the job involved  funerals plus Weddings on  SATURDAY AFTERNOONS and the collection plate cash was not tax free , add to that the fact the morality rate has escalated I think my decision to  earn a honest living elsewhere was fully vindicated .

Turning back to football ,  is Craig's job really as simple as some on here think?   Is it really that easy to tell your best player that the budget will not allow a bigger pay offer then tell him to p*ss off ,  can you really sign a better player than him for less money ?

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
Good player good luck to him! Don't think we will see Hemmings again either...……….