Author Topic: Good luck  (Read 8744 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good luck
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:07:34 PM »
Good luck to both Grantham and Kings Lynn in tomorrow's  play offs.  Let's get some proper local derbys.  Just our luck they will be put in division South if they get promoted.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

Re: Good luck
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 07:26:26 PM »
Yes I agree , l have watched Lynn a bit this season and they would be a welcome addition to our league.
Culverhouse will not be at the helm though as he his going to quit at the end of the play offs.
Apparently there is a lot wrong behind the scenes at the Lynn.
I think Lynn will go into the Southern league and Grantham will go into the north if both are promoted.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »
Lynn have preferenced National League North. The Chairman is a controversial figure - check out his dealings at Wrexham. Culverhouse is being linked to Cambridge. If Lynn win tomorrow the final will be Monday - at The Walks.

TEP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
Lynn have preferenced National League North. The Chairman is a controversial figure - check out his dealings at Wrexham. Culverhouse is being linked to Cambridge. If Lynn win tomorrow the final will be Monday - at The Walks.

TEP

I haven't been keeping up to date with what's kicking off at Lynn - more financial worries? There should be rule that if you go bust more than twice in 15 years you're only allowed to to reform as a softball team or something. Absolutely sick of the likes of Chester and Nuneaton to be honest.

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
Let's hope for Lynn's sake they don't go bust again.
They will have to improve their team considerably to be able to stay out of the bottom 6 in our league x
I have seen them play quit a bit this season and they are sometimes very poor and lack qaulity.
So they will have to spend a lot of money to bring players in, that will put a massive strain on them financially.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »
Let's hope for Lynn's sake they don't go bust again.
They will have to improve their team considerably to be able to stay out of the bottom 6 in our league x
I have seen them play quit a bit this season and they are sometimes very poor and lack qaulity.
So they will have to spend a lot of money to bring players in, that will put a massive strain on them financially.

It will be a tough job for them to keep out the bottom six chubby . Not easy to attract players in east anglia with a lots of travelling involved .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »
Good luck to both Grantham and Kings Lynn in tomorrow's  play offs.  Let's get some proper local derbys.  Just our luck they will be put in division South if they get promoted.

Kettering too.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »
Warrington 0 Grantham 3. Gingerbreads to meet Ashton United in play off final.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
Goals from Stef Galinski and Danny Meadows

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
Stamford have also made their play off final after winning 2-1 at Frickley. They now meet Bedworth in Final.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 10:34:53 PM »
King’s Lynn through to P/O Final. No such luck for Kettering.

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 04:10:02 AM »
King’s Lynn through to P/O Final. No such luck for Kettering.
I shall be there to watch them on Monday, let's hope they get promoted to our league, a much needed derby.
If Grantham get promoted to our league too, a double derby.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »
Good luck to the Gingerbreads and the Daniels in their play off finals today. Also to the Linnets for Monday. Imagine if Grantham and Kings Lynn won promotion and if Trinity won a reprieve at the AGM cup!  We would be spoilt for local derbies.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
No local derby with Grantham next season, they lost 2-0 in the play off final xx
Our hopes now lie with Kings Lynn.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 08:04:22 PM »
No local derby with Grantham next season, they lost 2-0 in the play off final xx
Our hopes now lie with Kings Lynn.
if not, it's Alfreton that will be the nearest "derby".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684