Author Topic: Dreadful  (Read 2792 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Dreadful
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:02:59 PM »
Right, I give in - clearly I only get to see us on the days when we are utter, utter dogfilth. Perhaps time to just stay the hell away and let us get promoted.

We were absolutely AWFUL today, and the fact the match was officiated by one of the worst referees I have ever seen and the pitch resembled a marsh is no excuse - you could count the number of decent chances we had on..... er, well, actually, naff all because we had none.

What a thoroughly miserable afternoon.

ARRGH!

bb1

Re: Dreadful
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »
what pissed me off the most was the 54 free kicks add  that to the throw ins and it worked out to a whistle a minute. Wonder if the running rat would have called it off when it started raining if he wasn't being assessed?Still moving on to sat hope the team do their stuff and it's an entertaining match.   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »
was it a bit ironic that the "refs" name was P BOOKER?
maybe he should change it to P TAKER?
fancy booking 4 (four) of our smashin' lads - disgrace!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

It disappointed me that a number of our bookings were for dissent.

The trouble with dissent is that you can't generally hear what words players are exchanging with the referee, and therefore its difficult for fans to call on whether or not the bookings are justified. But Cullingworth's poor behaviour at Lowestoft aside, I can't remember too many other bookings for dissent over the course of this season - so you have to assume that the squad don't normally give refs too much earache. Two fair play awards already this season would also lead me to believe that the card count on Saturday was probably more down to the referee.