Author Topic: Match now at Alfreton - WEDNESDAY 7.45pm  (Read 8257 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Match now at Alfreton - WEDNESDAY 7.45pm
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Following the now familiar lower league pattern .   
The Con North will probably organise the Blyth v Nunny game Saturday on a NUETRAL  ground for NFC to stagger over the finishing line to complete the season .

Then goodbye to this cowboy outfit and a place to retain GTFC or Tamworth .
According to the media,it's the company that owns the team that the winding up order is against, looks like a very complicated set up there.

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »
Just seen this comment on their fan's FB page but don't know if it is true.
The court proceedings today were a formality to dismiss the winding up order. Apparently the due amount was paid in full some time ago. Panic over (for now), chaps.

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 12:25:20 AM »
Looks like our play hopes are over, never mind bring on Saturday and next season, let's get behind the team.
If you get the chance at the end of the match, shake as many of the players hands and thank them for getting us out of the mess we were in back in December.
Craig Elliott and his staff deserve the thanks of everyone, and don't forget our chairman and board of which we have a so much to be thankful for.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:37:59 AM by youngchubby69 »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »
 We were really poor in the first half last night. Miles better second half but didn't quite get that bit of luck / have that bit of quality in front of goal to get the win.

CE's interview sums it up very well. Love his honesty.  Looking forward to next season. He is the man!

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »
We were really poor in the first half last night. Miles better second half but didn't quite get that bit of luck / have that bit of quality in front of goal to get the win.

CE's interview sums it up very well. Love his honesty.  Looking forward to next season. He is the man!

He has now got the foundation of a potential play off side .  still a bit to do , goalie required and more quality in front of goal as Tipps says.
Seems to me the journalist enjoy the honest cliché free interviews given by Craig.
TEP

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
Agree with TEP. We were poor in the first half, much better in the second.

It would have been nice to be challenging for the playoffs but
a) I don't think we are good enough right now to beat Kiddy,  Brackley and Harrogate away from home and actually go up
b) At full-time at Southport in August I would have taken being in the frame for the play-offs with a game to go

And as my mate says, next season might just be "brilliant".