Author Topic: Tonights Match Postponed?  (Read 9935 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights Match Postponed?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
Totally agree oxo, they have plenty of clubs around them where they could play the game, we could have met halfway at Kettering's ground.

Kettering are playing tonight.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
Having looked closely at their fans forum there is something very wrong at Nunny. Some are suggesting they can't afford to put the game on, others that wages have not been paid and if they are still in the league it will be kids playing next season. Whatever is happening it is very unfair to us in many ways and the club must do all it can to resist any moves to play the game to our detriment ie; early kick off where lights are not needed as our players may not get time off work or playing two games in three days etc. The league must investigate the real reason this has happened as a matter of urgency and if needs be, expunge all Nunnys points and kick them out of the league. Nunneaton are serial offenders when it comes going bust and re inventing under another name. Yes I am furious at this but have no faith in the conference doing anything about it.
This sounds so similar to what Worcester did at the end of last year, but at least they were up front about the lack of cash. I do agree, though, Oxo, they should be investigated and punished. When doing this the league should also investigate Spennymoor's tricks for not fulfilling fixtures, etc. Only problem for me would be, in expelling the pair from the Vanarama, it would potentially save the Tinpots from relegation!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:48:03 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 07:07:52 PM »
Save Trinity - they pay their bills.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »
Really annoyed with Nuneaton. I wrote to their Chairman after the late postponement last time without a reply. Mickey Mouse club.

Arranged all my work and travel around this today. What a waste.

TEP

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
Perhaps Trinity and Tamworth may have something to play for on Saturday after all.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »
Perhaps Trinity and Tamworth may have something to play for on Saturday after all.
potentially winner stays up, ouch! (last one of those i went to didn't end well in North Wales.)

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
Having looked closely at their fans forum there is something very wrong at Nunny. Some are suggesting they can't afford to put the game on, others that wages have not been paid and if they are still in the league it will be kids playing next season. Whatever is happening it is very unfair to us in many ways and the club must do all it can to resist any moves to play the game to our detriment ie; early kick off where lights are not needed as our players may not get time off work or playing two games in three days etc. The league must investigate the real reason this has happened as a matter of urgency and if needs be, expunge all Nunnys points and kick them out of the league. Nunneaton are serial offenders when it comes going bust and re inventing under another name. Yes I am furious at this but have no faith in the conference doing anything about it.
This sounds so similar to what Worcester did at the end of last year, but at least they were up front about the lack of cash. I do agree, though, Oxo, they should be investigated and punished. When doing this the league should also investigate Spennymoor's tricks for not fulfilling fixtures, etc. Only problem for me would be, in expelling the pair from the Vanarama, it would potentially save the Tinpots from relegation!

If Nunny do not fulfil their fixtures they get kicked out of the league and their record for the season is wiped out ,  giving us a boost with a smaller points loss than York, BPA,  Spenny, Chorley .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
Their fans talking about a players meeting today and the coincidence of the daytime floodlight failure saying the club could be trying to struggle through until end of season. The plot thickens.

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »
All very strange OXO and something's smells very off about all this.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 09:01:12 PM »
They will have to postpone this now and play us instead on Thurs, but where?

"Nuneaton Town travel to Keys Park to face Hednesford Town in the Birmingham Senior Cup Semi-Final on Thursday the 26th of April"
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
They will have to postpone this now and play us instead on Thurs, but where?

"Nuneaton Town travel to Keys Park to face Hednesford Town in the Birmingham Senior Cup Semi-Final on Thursday the 26th of April"
Tamworth? 3G pitch eliminates chance of waterlogging?

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:42 PM »
Wow well done Telford beating Spenny with 10 men play offs here we come.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 09:55:36 PM »
Wow well done Telford beating Spenny with 10 men play offs here we come.
spennymoor's last 2 games are home vs Ferriby and home vs Southport

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 09:58:17 PM »
NEW DATE (AND VENUE): @Official_NTFC v @bostonunited will be played on Wednesday (April 25) at Alfreton Town (DE55 7FZ), KO 7.45pm
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/