Author Topic: Ollie Ryan  (Read 6974 times)

HTFC

• View Profile
Ollie Ryan
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
Hi,

Just wondered what you guys thought of Ollie Ryan who has joined us?

Cheers all

HTFC

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ollie Ryan
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
Are you Boston/Lincoln in disguise ?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
good player but need 3or4 chances to net 1 goal

also seemed very injury prone last season + not keen to come back from injurys

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
Unibond standard at best. Needs 5 easy chances for 1 goal and very injury prone.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »
makes good chances. also misses a heck of a lot,(anyone remember the 5 yard empty sitter against cam utd that he sussefully nearly took the flag of the stump with) injury prone. but all in all he will get you goals if the team his to his likeing. decent striker for the level of footy

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:40:31 PM »
Decent player and knows where the goal is, but as has been said misses more than he scores so you'll need to create plenty for him to do well. As has also been said very injury prone.

Off the top of my head remember he missed a bucket load of easy chances away at FC United and Whitby last year, but scored his only chance away at Buxton. Will also give 100% every game.

I know you haven't asked but good luck with Bloomer, make sure you have someone covering him as he'll back off a player from the halfway line until said player is in sight of goal, we conceded several due to this last season. Also if the going gets tough, I'm thinking Kendal away last season which was a mudbath instead of a pitch, don't call Bloomer aka Captain Clean. Bloomer came off cleaner than the subs warming up!!!!

HTFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 12:34:51 AM »
Cheers for that guys, I had read some early comments on Matt Bloomer that people had posted.  Like the Captain Clean nickname!

I hope you guys do well this season.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:01 AM »
When Ryan was fit and on form he was great and unplayable for the opposition.  When he wasn't fit or on form we were the ones that had something unplayable.  One of the few that stood out as likely to make a difference last year, but disappeared after Xmas and never really lived up to early season hype.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
http://www.harrogatetown.com/home.shtml

Harrogate Town are delighted to announce that they have completed the signing of another new player ahead of the forthcoming Blue Square North season.

The latest player to put pen to paper is dynamic striker Ollie Ryan, 23, who joins us at the CNG Stadium from Boston United. He scored a very impressive 22 goals from 38 appearances last season, resulting in him being tracked by a number of clubs including some from the football league. Therefore, it's somewhat coup that Simon Weaver has been able to secure his services.

Ollie started his football career at  ;D ;D Lincoln United ;D ;D as a trainee and went on to earn a professional contract. He made his football league debut in November 2004 and made a total of 41 first team appearances for the Imps. During his time at Lincoln he also had loan spells with Spalding United and Ilkeston Town. In March 2008 he moved to Hucknall Town for a short period, before joining his home town club Boston at the start of last season.

He is Simon Weaver's sixth signing of the close season, adding to Matt Bloomer also from Boston United, Dean Gent, John Lamb, Leon Scott and Dave McTiernan. More signings are in the pipeline, whilst over 25 players are expected to be given a chance to impress once pre-season training commences.

Made me chuckle
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.