Author Topic: Trinity Relegated  (Read 6798 times)

youngchubby69

Trinity Relegated
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »
Very sad news, nobody who loves Lincolnshire wants to see this happen to one of our clubs.
All the best to you all at Trinity, be strong and come back up next season.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity Relegated
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:42:13 PM »
Very sad news, nobody who loves Lincolnshire wants to see this happen to one of our clubs.
All the best to you all at Trinity, be strong and come back up next season.

Agree on those sentiments Chubs. However, they have flirted with the drop for a good few seasons now. Little investment in the first team squad. They had recently taken the cash 4 there better players (Willis & Beatson cost us). U just can't get away with it in CN. Look at Ferribye & Tamworth - both recently in Conference, also relegated. Let's face it it could well have been US until CE stepped in. And importantly Mr Newton invested in the Better players Craig needed. None of the bottom 3 had the cash to invest & they r goners.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:53:31 PM »
Nothing's certain in this league. I seem to remember that ten years ago Boston United finished in 10th place in the Conference North but ended up getting relegated down to the Unibond Premier because the paperwork to take them out of Administration was a day or two late getting signed! Also Nuneaton Borough who finished just above Boston went bust. So of the three teams at the bottom only the very bottom one got relegated (Leigh RMI) and the other two (Hucknall Town and Vauxhall Motors) were able to stay in the Conference North.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
Lets hope Grantham progress through the play-offs .  Would make a good local derby .

Sad to see Gainsborough go down .   Translated "lack of investment"  means I believe they have lived within their means  unlike many basket cases in football  .With no big cash problems hopefully they should be in a position to mount a strong challenge  for promotion next season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 08:31:35 PM »
Grantham and Kings Lynn or Kettering to come up, please
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 09:05:32 PM »
Really YC? The Tinpots would be the first to put the boot in if we dropped. It may be a harsh reality, but they've been crap, and deserve to drop. I've never had a warm reception at the Northolme, and whether or not they're a county team, I'm pleased to see the back of them for now.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
Really YC? The Tinpots would be the first to put the boot in if we dropped. It may be a harsh reality, but they've been crap, and deserve to drop. I've never had a warm reception at the Northolme, and whether or not they're a county team, I'm pleased to see the back of them for now.

Lincolnshire side ok. But just have 2 agree TTT!! I was diplomatically polite in my recent post, but yes their so called 12 fans hate us as much as Ferribye scum do!! Good Riddance 2 them both. At least no shit Christmas hols double headers this/next year. Unless Grantham scrape the sticky stuff play offs??

Would much rather do Alty & Hednesford maybe even new trip 2 Shaw lane. Tinpot by name & nature. They hate us enjoy the drop. X

Pilgrim58

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
national league could change next season, guiseley,chester down barrow could also drop

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
May get a reprieve via AGM Cup !!!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 06:51:33 PM »
Lets hope Grantham progress through the play-offs .  Would make a good local derby
I think last time we played Grantham competitively was the day we won the Doc Martens title in front of 4,100. Not a bad gate for the level.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Yes I remember that day TTT as I recall they opened the scoring with a scorcher of a goal, but we came back to beat them convincely.
But as l remember our victory also relegated them, a strange atmosphere at the end of the game, with us celebrating and also seeing their players and fans in tears.
Tears of joy on one side and sadness on the other.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 09:51:05 PM »
They didn't get relegated until the last day, on goal difference.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »
They must have been upset because we beat them then.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
We scored 102 Goals that season, +63 goal difference and amassed 92 points.
Won 27 Drew 11 and lost only 4.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »
We scored 102 Goals that season, +63 goal difference and amassed 92 points.
Won 27 Drew 11 and lost only 4.

Amazing what a little PAYE scam can accomplish innit?