Author Topic: v Salford  (Read 17690 times)

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Salford
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »

No surprise to me as a higher profile manager might generate even more interest and finances :-\

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
I really hope they crash and burn next season.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
Reading on their FB site it seems that they have been forced out by Gary Neville, apparently he wants a high profile league manager in charge, but we all know that works really well in non league.
What an idiot and such a control freak.
I reckon they've already got the guy in place who fits that profile...Paul Scholes applied unsuccessfully at Oldham last season. Clearly he has serious aspirations of managing.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
Graham Alexander has been appointed.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »
Loads of non league experience then, he is an ex manager for a reason.

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »
Looks like they have signed a winning manager not!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43529413

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
Won promotion with Fleetwood, and left Scunthorpe within the League One play off zone. There are managers with much, much worse records.

Very much respected as a player.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
He is still a league manager in non league, sounds like a Adam Murray character to me.
Maybe be wrong, but we will see.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
Salford are full time, it's very much geared to league football.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »
Salford are full time, it's very much geared to league football.

Yeah, this. I'm still puzzling over why AM failed but the fact he tried to run Boston like a full-time outfit with players who had day jobs could well be a factor. There's only so much stuff the human brain can absorb without being overloaded with information. Sending players clips of their performances might work when that's all they do, but juggling jobs with footy, families, paying the bills etc? Maybe not.

Alexander looks to be a good appointment to me. He'll have the luxury of working with his players every day - something AM didn't.

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
TBH l couldn't care less what Salford do, they are just another bankruptcy waiting to happen.
The Gary Neville gang are just a bunch of bullies, who have taken over a club and made it theirs, without a care for what the fans think or want.
Gary Neville is childish and arrogant, he didn't get his training pitches at Turf Moor because it's green belt land, he then started tweeting childish comments to the opposing group.
Very professional is Gary.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »
TBH l couldn't care less what Salford do, they are just another bankruptcy waiting to happen.
The Gary Neville gang are just a bunch of bullies, who have taken over a club and made it theirs, without a care for what the fans think or want.
Gary Neville is childish and arrogant, he didn't get his training pitches at Turf Moor because it's green belt land, he then started tweeting childish comments to the opposing group.

I don't thick the famous four will let the club go bust as it would put a big dent in their ego .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »

I don't thick the famous four will let the club go bust as it would put a big dent in their ego .
I think they genuinely believe they ¢an end up in the top flight. Neviile'$ ego I$ $e¢ond only to Donald Trump.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 02:35:19 AM »

I think they genuinely believe they ¢an end up in the top flight. Neviile'$ ego I$ $e¢ond only to Donald Trump.

If it was the ex Manure ex players financing Cashford themselves Chubs may have an outside chance of future Salford fortunes unravelling after they have had a few seasons in FL (sound familiar) ??

However, Neville's business partner & Siingalese Billionaire Peter Lim who (tried unsuccessfully 2 buy Liverpool few yrs ago) will be determined 2 hit the bright lights especially as they have already had so much sycophantic BBC air time already...as the cash laiden rollercoaster continues to prosper the coverage will only become more intense.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »

If it was the ex Manure ex players financing Cashford themselves Chubs may have an outside chance of future Salford fortunes unravelling after they have had a few seasons in FL (sound familiar) ??

However, Neville's business partner & Siingalese Billionaire Peter Lim who (tried unsuccessfully 2 buy Liverpool few yrs ago) will be determined 2 hit the bright lights especially as they have already had so much sycophantic BBC air time already...as the cash laiden rollercoaster continues to prosper the coverage will only become more intense.

And let’s all be honest if it happened here who would say no. We all know for football to have longevity it has to be sustainable but money talks and always will do. I’m old enough (and daft enough) to remember the first division when you didn’t know who was going to win the title, money has put paid to that.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR