Author Topic: v Salford  (Read 17688 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Salford
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
0-1 Reece Thompson.

Keif062

• View Profile
Re: v Salford
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
0-2 Jordan Keane

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »
Won 1-2 Well done lads and Craig, could we possibly reach the playoffs????

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:03:55 PM »
According to the Brains Trust on Endeavour Radio, we cannot make the playoffs unless we get 6 points from 2 games  and everyone else loses  :-X
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:06:08 PM by Ed Kandi »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
Fantastic result, i'm already looking forward to next season!! ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
Fantastic result.......

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »

Listened to the first half on their commentary. Their guys said we were best footballing side they had seen there this season & we were first 2 everything, committed & won every 2nd ball. What a week for our Club!! We're proud again. To beat the two best sides in the league in less than a week is just Outstanding!!

Nuneaton (a), then Telford home, come on Boys stranger things have happened? If we did gatecrash the play offs - you wouldn't want 2 draw BUFC in this form against the top 7. Well done what ever happens now. OMG next season could be Special?!!!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 06:24:44 PM »
Little Man Utd beaten at home by a real club, without us doing them a favour last Tuesday night, they wouldn't have win the league today.
But what a result and a outstanding win, well done to everyone.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »
We were very, very good today - Salford offered nothing until they had about 4 people playing up front.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »

Listened to the first half on their commentary. Their guys said we were best footballing side they had seen there this season & we were first 2 everything, committed & won every 2nd ball. What a week for our Club!! We're proud again. To beat the two best sides in the league in less than a week is just Outstanding!!

Nuneaton (a), then Telford home, come on Boys stranger things have happened? If we did gatecrash the play offs - you wouldn't want 2 draw BUFC in this form against the top 7. Well done what ever happens now. OMG next season could be Special?!!!!

Their commentary team were spot on mate. Got your donation to my jam jar fund with grateful thanks buddy.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:22 AM »
I always have a wry smile after a win like this. Probably our biggest week in terms of quality and performance. To take six points of these two is nothing less than amazing. Yet just a few posts.  Next week for the last game we should take a leaf out of kings lynn kids go free etc etc to get people in to see what a very good team we have.  To look at the table is almost unreal. On a separate note well done to Mick Small and Darren North to a great night in the Sports Bar hosting an after dinner speaker event with the excellent Mark Crossley and comedian and food raising money for the youth set up.  The feedback has been brilliant.  Well done

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »
2 great results this week. Got to feel positive about what challenging for promotion next season.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
I always have a wry smile after a win like this. Probably our biggest week in terms of quality and performance. To take six points of these two is nothing less than amazing. Yet just a few posts.  Next week for the last game we should take a leaf out of kings lynn kids go free etc etc to get people in to see what a very good team we have.  To look at the table is almost unreal. On a separate note well done to Mick Small and Darren North to a great night in the Sports Bar hosting an after dinner speaker event with the excellent Mark Crossley and comedian and food raising money for the youth set up.  The feedback has been brilliant.  Well done

Excellent point re kids for free etc This is just what I was saying on the bus coming home, Lots of kids going for the first time with the experience of watching the end off season presentations as well could be a great winner.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »
Have to agree.  We have some amazingly loyal fans home and away, but the seniors need to be boosted by youngsters coming through the gates and what better time to do it than now when we all sense a feeling of optimism for the future.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 10:58:02 AM »

Excellent point re kids for free etc This is just what I was saying on the bus coming home, Lots of kids going for the first time with the experience of watching the end off season presentations as well could be a great winner.
kids free would be a great idea, but the club do already reduce for the kids with reduced price for parent+child entry and also the season ticket the same. They can't sell these and then give kids free of for a quid, as those that bought season tickets would rightly have a grumble. As they've already announced theyve  held the season ticket price, and combination tickets, they can't now offer the kids free, etc. I bought my 9 year old a season ticket (main stand) for this season at £25. She's been to 15 games, so that's about £1.65 per game. If I'd paid per match at £5 per game, it's have cost me £75 for the same matches. So, to be fair, I'd call that a decent saving already.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684