Author Topic: Tinpot not looking to return anytime soon then  (Read 5964 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tinpot not looking to return anytime soon then
« on: May 15, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/stewart-set-for-trinity-transfer-2306081.html

Some on here said he would not hang around as bench warmer

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tinpot not looking to return anytime soon then
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »
Sorry, but they're welcome to him. Whether it's him who's unhappy or CE realized GW is the better option, then for me the right choice is made. I'm a GW convert, and i'm  happy to think I was initially wrong about him.
Trinity have announced JS' arrival as "one of, if not the best keeper in non league football." We've heard that sort of accolade about new signings at York St last year. That's just drawn a massive target on his back. Not forgetting Ravas was Player it the Year! Oh dear for the Tinpots.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »
I always backed George, he is more vocal to start with and commands his area. look at the games against BPA and Salford and how many blocks he made in the last few moments of each game, had he been in goal against FCUM I am certain they would never have taken anything from the game, 3 goals all the same all down to non organisation by the keeper. Onwards and upwards, wonder who we will get in as cover now or whether Craig will look at the U21's during pre season

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 09:56:03 PM »
Young Seth gets my vote as back up
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:46:30 AM »
On the contrary, I think Stewart is an excellent signing for that level. It's not like he looked out of his depth with us, is it?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »
On the contrary, I think Stewart is an excellent signing for that level. It's not like he looked out of his depth with us, is it?

Agreed ,  playing in a league lower he will be a capable keeper .  Too many rush to knock players/managers when they leave .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

Agreed ,  playing in a league lower he will be a capable keeper .  Too many rush to knock players/managers when they leave .
I know you've not said specifically that I have said this since he's gone, but my opinion hasn't changed. My grievance was that he's a big imposing figure, but he never looked in charge of his box. He never came for crosses, didn't  verbalize with his back line. They never seemed to know whether or not he was coming first the ball. he seemed to leave them guessing, and that's when needless goals can be given away more frequently. This is something that's been said during the season, not just because a Tinpot now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:37:54 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »

I know you've not said specifically that I have said this since he's gone, but my opinion hasn't changed. My grievance was that he's a big imposing figure, but he never looked in charge of his box. He never came for crosses, didn't  verbalize with his back line. They never seemed to know whether or not he was coming first the ball. he seemed to leave them guessing, and that's when needless goals can be given away more frequently. This is something that's been said during the season, not just because a Tinpot now.

Agree on that one, how many times did he rush out then stop thus making the defender hesitate then it a panic hoof out of play, he had good ball skills but as stated you need to be heard as a keeper as you can see everything in front of you and can see danger behind the defence.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
He was not for me, I just hope we got some cash for him.
I suppose it's freed up some money in the budget.
Good luck to him anyway.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:39 AM »
Anyone know where Trinity's young keep has gone?
I know he was here and did an ok job.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:47 AM »

Ravas? He was only at Trinity on loan.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

No idea where he is at the moment but he signed new U23 forms with Derby in February