Author Topic: Harrogate tonight  (Read 6947 times)

youngchubby69

Harrogate tonight
« on: April 17, 2018, 09:58:47 PM »
Well who saw that one coming, l predicted a win but not a 3-0 one.
An awesome result, we'll done everyone, now bring on little Man Utd on Saturday, we don't fear anyone.

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Harrogate tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 10:00:44 PM »
Absolutely brilliant......

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:21:13 PM »
Excellent result against a "top team" ...leagues don't lie
However if watching  it hoofed down the middle every game is "entertaining " ... I'll give it a miss. Im.refering to Harrogate.
Well done George Willis..gave pen away but saved it .. but thereafter his punching and catching was excellent
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:04:12 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:32:56 PM »
Excellent result against a "top team" ...leagues don't lie
However if watching  it goofed down the middle every game is "entertaining " ... I'll give it a miss.
Well done George Willis..gave pen away but saved it .. but thereafter his punching and catching was excellent

"goofed down the middle????"    I have to say,with respect,that you must have watched a different game to me!
It was an outstanding team performance tonight against a very good team,Dont criticise one of our best results in recent times.

IMO our third goal was one of the best seen at YS for a very loooong time....Goalkeeper to fullback to striker to the back of the net! What a move....ALL ON THE GROUND ASWELL.

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
It sounds like Harrogate were the team hoofing it down the middle from listening on the radio.
I couldn't attend tonight because of illness, but it sounds like we did a good job on a very good side,who are full time and spent alot of money.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
Phenomenal result. Reminded me of the recent Liverpool 3 City 0 first leg. We took our chances and sucked up anything and everything that Harrogate could throw at us. What a great performance. As well as Willis, I thought Wafula massive in the first half. He covered every inch of the Spayne Road wing. Well done all round.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
A very special well done to our groundsman Dan, given instructions by the manager not to cut the grass this week. Weaver moaned and groaned when they arrived that there was too much grass, just shows what an advantage they have training and playing on plastic.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 01:43:01 AM »
A very special well done to our groundsman Dan, given instructions by the manager not to cut the grass this week. Weaver moaned and groaned when they arrived that there was too much grass, just shows what an advantage they have training and playing on plastic.

Spot on Mel. I'm working up in Scotland at mo, so couldn't get tonight. Followed on Twitter what a fantastic result & performance. Our record against the so called top sides since Craig came in is superb.

I will post my jam jar contents 2 u (in notes) to u via BUSA at York st. Top man, true club diehard !!

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 06:31:49 AM »
I see Stewart was not in the team last night, was this because of Withers being included.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »
What a great game. Harrogate could have been out of sight within ten minutes, but we come back and took the game to them, could have been a four all type game. Thought both teams tried to play some great flowing football where they could and Ash was unplayable first half. Enjoyed it shame the gate was poor for such an entertaining night. My mom could have gone to half a dozen players.  Well done Craig, and in the bar afterwards the players and manager got applauded in, great touch.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »
The stay-away fans certainly missed one of the best, if not the best, games of the season, that's their hard luck.

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »
Was gutted I had to miss it through illness Ernie, I did however listen to it on the endeavour FM, I had my headphones on and was in a world of enjoyment.
But would have preferred to be there, not rooted to the toilet.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »
I see Stewart was not in the team last night, was this because of Withers being included.
Sort of. I am told Withers got the #17 shirt due to Jon Stewart not turning up. Make of that what you like! It is hearsay, and it could be rubbish, but ????

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »
I suppose it could of been a number of reasons why he did not show up, but good for the lad to get a place on the bench though.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »
I suppose it could of been a number of reasons why he did not show up, but good for the lad to get a place on the bench though.
and even better to get a brief cameo for a couple of minutes at the end. Nice touch from CE to bring him on.

John Bunyan, 1684