Author Topic: Craig Elliott  (Read 6595 times)

steve m

• View Profile
Craig Elliott
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
Just listened to his interview. Very honest appraisal and with great integrity.

I really like this guy.....

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Elliott
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »
I agree. A man who isn't afraid to say it like it is. He doesn't hide behind a list of excuses.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
He certainly knows what he wants and how to get it, my only concern is, do we have the money to match his ambition xx

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:21 AM »
From 21st in December to potentially a top ten finish in April. Surely he's silenced some doubters by now?

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:29:15 AM »
I think he must have silenced a few by now, many including me were a bit unsure about his appointment after Murray, but saying that he did sign some decent players, Hemmings,Keane, Clifton, Willis, Maguire,Hare and Rollins.
So it was not all bad, but the players that CE had added to the team have certainly given us more determination,bite, qaulity and a hunger to win.
Well done Craig and I am looking forward to seeing what happens during the closed season.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 09:32:21 AM »
Of course it will not happen but looking at the terrible state of things at the end of the year ie; second bottom and really struggling, to where we are now and how it has been achieved, it is my opinion that Craig is a good shout for manager of the season.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 10:22:27 AM »
I agree OXO but I don't think the league have the balls to give to anyone else but the two heavily funded pair at Salford.
I don't think they interested in manager's that have to work with a modest budget and being part time.
It's not easy to step up a level and work with a team that was in free fall with no motivation and second from bottom.
That will never be taken into account when selecting manager of the season.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »
It's the same in the Premier League where Sean Dyche has done such a great job at Burnley. Will he get an award? I'm afraid not.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »
I think Spennymoor's manager would feel agrieved if they make the Play Offs, and CE is given manager of the season...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »
I think Spennymoor's manager would feel agrieved if they make the Play Offs, and CE is given manager of the season...

I think Dan Milgate  will be aggrieved if Spennymoor's grounds man is given grounds man of the season award .  :) :)

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »
Should be a "Got us out of the brown stuff award" at the end of the season. Previous seasons winners the Chestnuts this season the manager.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 09:56:26 PM »
If you look at the form of the last 20 league games for all teams, then we would be 5th with a record of P20 W11 D4 L5 F39 A28 P37. This is only 1 point less than $alford have achieved during the same time frame. That's play-off standard football. So, this time next year....

John Bunyan, 1684

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
with both Chorley and Spennymoor losing tonight, we could still statistically sneak into playoffs !! Long shot for sure. Hope to be up from Devon for the last game of season (unless we make the playoffs!!??) on the 28th.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 05:51:51 AM »
If you look at the form of the last 20 league games for all teams, then we would be 5th with a record of P20 W11 D4 L5 F39 A28 P37. This is only 1 point less than $alford have achieved during the same time frame. That's play-off standard football. So, this time next year....

CHAMPS next year perhaps????

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 10:45:50 AM »
Well done DN for bringing him here and thank you CE for all your hard work.
Wherever we finish this season it will be a bonus. If CE hadn't arrived in the nick of time I know what league we'd have been playing next season, not this one!!  :) :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?