Author Topic: 'Exiled' fans - How close to home have you seen the Pilgrims play?  (Read 8749 times)

Spa Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: 'Exiled' fans - How close to home have you seen the Pilgrims play?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Living in Leamington, I'm obviously glad they've stayed up. I'll be up the road at Nuneaton tomorrow night. It's a shame to lose Tamworth (& Hinckley/Solihull in recent years).

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »
Corby (13 miles) used to be my nearest.

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »
I can walk to Droylsden FC from my house so that used to be the closest game to watch Boston play. Currently it's Curzon Ashton just a couple of miles away. I can also walk to Manchester City's ground from here so I live in hope!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 09:05:34 PM »
I live opposite Cadbury athletics ground (not the one at Bournville chocolate factory grounds) as it is over the railway from me. But I doubt we'll play each other anytime soon.
Been to Redditch but before I moved to brum. St Andrews is the closest major ground. Other than that, it's ten miles to Solihull. Bromsgrove wasn't far last year when we played Worcester. Kiddy can't be more than 15 miles away either.
Nuneaton and Tamworth all both very close

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »
Fisher Athletic no more than 200m from my door. We had some cracking battles with them in years gone by.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 11:32:58 PM »
I live opposite Cadbury athletics ground (not the one at Bournville chocolate factory grounds) as it is over the railway from me. But I doubt we'll play each other anytime soon.
Been to Redditch but before I moved to brum. St Andrews is the closest major ground. Other than that, it's ten miles to Solihull. Bromsgrove wasn't far last year when we played Worcester. Kiddy can't be more than 15 miles away either.

In the FL days I lived near Cheltenham racecourse. Hardly missed a home game. But Waddon Rd was my nearest. Well remember in 2004 in the pub b4 Cheltenham game a skeggy pilgrim broke the news Fatso Jocko was set 2 return! Rodwell to be Chairman. Well all hell broke loose in the boozer, chelty fans made off as Pilgrims exchanged strong views on Fatsos return. Two disgusted heckington pilgrims didn't go to game, stayed in pub drowned their worries & ainy been back 2 York st since! Maybe they saw it all coming??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 09:31:34 AM »

In the FL days I lived near Cheltenham racecourse. Hardly missed a home game. But Waddon Rd was my nearest. Well remember in 2004 in the pub b4 Cheltenham game a skeggy pilgrim broke the news Fatso Jocko was set 2 return! Rodwell to be Chairman. Well all hell broke loose in the boozer, chelty fans made off as Pilgrims exchanged strong views on Fatsos return. Two disgusted heckington pilgrims didn't go to game, stayed in pub drowned their worries & ainy been back 2 York st since! Maybe they saw it all coming??
Trust you champs !!!!
Just as we appear be returning to the "feel good " factor you remind us of one of the darkest days in the clubs history  ???

With the royal baby and the wedding are we likely to hear soon that Jim will be promoted to a few seats further along to the Royal box and present the FA Cup .?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »

Trust you champs !!!!
Just as we appear be returning to the "feel good " factor you remind us of one of the darkest days in the clubs history  ???

With the royal baby and the wedding are we likely to hear soon that Jim will be promoted to a few seats further along to the Royal box and present the FA Cup .?

Nice one GHM. Has Rodwell still got ur number on his fag packet??

You may well get an invite too ! In saying that he probably smokes Cuban cigars now!  😇