Author Topic: Darlington 1 Boston United 2  (Read 11370 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Darlington 1 Boston United 2
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
How good is  that ,)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington 1 Boston United 2
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »
Awesome!  Well done lads!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 07:37:57 PM »
Good enough to get us in the top half of the league ,  who would have thought that happening back in November?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »
Good Stuff

I make it 4 points to be sure of staying up

Where did Smithy slot in when he came on ?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:42:31 PM by father Ted »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
Smith went up front with Beasley going wide, but was soon replaced by Wafula.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
Get in there a great result again xx
Well done to you all, supporters included of course.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 08:37:05 PM »
This was a masterful performance taking the game to Darlington from the first whistle and taking complete control. First goal from Reece was his usual dogged determination beating two men on the bye line and curling it into the far corner beautifully. The second by Ash was a different effort as Beesley won the ball fed it to Clifton who rolled it beautifully for Hemmings to pick his spot perfectly. Believe me Darlington struggled to get over the half way line such was our determination to close them down, then in the last minute of the half a hopeful shot along the ground hit what could only be a divot and bounced over Willis's arms when he had it covered. Second half started very much like the first with The Pilgrims pressing high up the field and Darlington being made to play the ball square or back, yes they lumped one or two into the box causing a little concern but they were dealt with by a defence who were very impressive all the game, All in all a very good satisfying performance from a team who looked more of a play off team than  one stuggling to avoid relegation.

Must mention the disgraceful way we the fans were treated. Only 30 or 40 of us and as the match was about to kick off it was raining hard and as a few of us headed for the stand behind the goal we were stopped by stewards who said "you can't go in there home fans only". I said we didn't know it was segregated he replied "it isn't but you can't go in it's home fans only" I said it's peeing it down and he said then go in the new stand it's another two pounds. Getting rather annoyed I said its full of home fans and he said oh that's all right, ( it was £14 to enter the ground plus for fans in cars £5 parking) We stood behind the goals on a flat surface and at half time started to walk to be confronted by the stewards and told not to go to the other end. I said but they are all coming round here and he said well they are allowed to. I will say no more but by am I glad we stuffed the  %*$"tards.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
Agreed Mel. Superb performance at an in form side
Only downer was the unnecessary pettiness from stewards. As if the 40 or 50 or us were going to cause a riot... If its that bad, put up proper fences up and segregate it!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
Agreed with the two previous posts. I commented to one of the stewards that £5 was the highest I'd ever paid for parking in a club car park and also that £14 admission was high compared to other Conference North clubs. Steward told me that they weren't ripping anyone off, and that the prices were justified as they were having to pay for the new ground. Don't accept that argument, at the end of the day they are a Conference North club and the pricing needs to reflect the football on offer.

Also, how can they meet ground grading criteria when there isn't even a toilet in the social club?

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
Great first half performance from boston. Looked comfortable all over the pitch and controlled the game. Second half was less productive and poor shooting let us down.
Off the pitch was a strange experience. I knew before hand it was 14 quid to get in which is over prices for a crappy  little ground with poor viewing. Then getting charged £5 for parking is a complete rip off. Most frustrating was getting removed from the shed end in the second half because we are apparently not allowed in the end with the home fans. Yet we are ok to be with the home fans in other parts of the ground. I spoke with home fans in the bar before the game with no probs, I spoke with a couple of home fans in the first half at the away fans area (segregation area) who were nice decent people, then couldn't stand at the other end in the second half and speak to anyone. Apparently an health and safety issue. I will certainly think again about visiting the ground again.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 12:39:29 AM »
When discussing a new sponsor recently, Darlington FC John Tempest commented; “We have been in discussions with Ebac and I’m delighted that they have chosen to partner the club for the next two seasons.  Their owner, John Elliott, has the same philosophy in his business which complements very well into our fan-owned club”.  Ebac were founded in 1972 by John Elliott MBE, whose philosophy is “to understand your customers and then engineer innovative products which meet their needs better than anyone else in the market.”

Ebac financial director Graham Currie commented; “We are happy to be able to partner with Darlington FC, their values and ambitions align well with our own.”

Ebac obviously didn't carry out enough due diligence checks.

United we stand..................

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 08:24:46 AM »
When I arrived at the ground, I dutifully followed the away fans this way signs round the ground until I realized they were leading nowhere. I asked a nearby car park steward if there was an away fans turnstile and he told me only when they play York and the like and he didn't know why the club doesn't take the signs down. So they do officially segregate sometimes. Presumably doing it unofficially like yesterday saves them a bit of money

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »
There would have been no access to toilet, catering and bar facilities if it was segregated, so money 💰 is probably the issue.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
Great win. I think now we can properly start looking forward to playing some old "friends" next season. Chester dropped yesterday, and it looks like Guiseley will also slip next week. Altrincham look almost certain to go up too. Well done to Craig and the team. We've got there eventually!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
It's £15 or £13 at Boston isn't it? So about the same. Don't understand the point