Author Topic: Darlington 1 Boston United 2  (Read 11438 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington 1 Boston United 2
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »
It's £15 or £13 at Boston isn't it? So about the same. Don't understand the point

I thought OXO made it clear ,  our fans was treated like sh*te and made to get p*ssing wet through .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Great win. I think now we can properly start looking forward to playing some old "friends" next season. Chester dropped yesterday, and it looks like Guiseley will also slip next week. Altrincham look almost certain to go up too. Well done to Craig and the team. We've got there eventually!

It would be nice to see the Grantham promoted ,  been some good derby matches with them in the past .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
It's £15 or £13 at Boston isn't it? So about the same. Don't understand the point

York St is a proper ground, fit for purpose. That wasn't

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »
I guess the point is T & J is that at York Street you are unlikely to get wet whereas if it had kept raining at Darlington we would have done - whilst the home fans paying the same would have stayed dry.

To be fair to Darlo, it is the same at York (i.e. same price for home and away fans but they get cover and we don't) and I did get soaked there a few weeks back. Probably the case at a few other grounds too

Years ago I watched a few Sheffield Wednesday games in the then uncovered seating in the South Stand at Hillsborough. It was cheaper than any other seating in the ground, with the idea that anywhere else in the ground you stayed dry and there you could get very wet, as I did more than once.

On another issue, the pitch was better than I expected yesterday - especially as there was standing water in the field next to the ground

Edit: Josh B makes the same point as me as I type, only more succinctly
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:45:40 PM by John Chapman »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »

I thought OXO made it clear ,  our fans was treated like sh*te and made to get p*ssing wet through .

Correct, the £5 parking charge is also a big issue. There is nowhere else to park as it's a long way from the centre of town and all the surrounding streets are double yellow lines. So away fans travelling by car are forced into paying it. In real terms that makes the admission price £14 + £5 = £19. And when you consider the facilities (lack of) and how the away fans were treated, that's far too much.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »
Easy solution to that, next season don't go.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »
Easy solution to that, next season don't go.

We travel to support our team and have every right to make our views known, by not going next season does not put right this seasons experience and if you don't like this thread don't follow it.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 11:46:16 AM »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »

I suppose the point being made is that we actually have a stadium. They clearly don't.

Although I'm not really sure it's relevant - you pay what you pay for the level you're at, not the facilities (or lack thereof).

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 08:23:36 PM »
I emailed Darlington about not being allowed under the covered stand and their safety officer has replied. I thought people might be interested in what he said. I've already replied to him and don't intend taking it much further...

"As part of the planning for each game and at the beginning of the season, in conjunction with club officials and local Police it is decided which games are segregated. This can sometimes change dependant on any intelligence received from visiting clubs, game importance, expected number of visiting fans and working  with the Police. There is a significant increase in costs when a full segregation is required.

The Boston game last weekend was not a fully segregated game. However, the club has decided not to allow away fans into the Tin Shed, main home support for safety reasons. Visiting clubs are told of this and share it with their fans on social media and club web sites.

Although the vast majority of away supporters cause no issue at all, following some unpleasant incidents when Darlington first began to play at Blackwell Meadows this approach has been taken and we have had no issues at all, both in the Tin Shed and any objections from visiting clubs.

It only takes one irresponsible fan to create an incident and we feel it is better to avoid this if possible. Visiting fan are allowed in any other part of the ground during there visit.

I hope this answers your query.

Happy to chat at the next game if you would like."

And in answer to lonegunman, I take your point and I probably won't go next season, particularly if it is likely to rain....

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 09:05:35 PM »
From that reply, it sounds to me more like Darlo know they have a few of their own who get a bit territorial about their blessed Tin Shed (to be fair, I doubt we'd much like away fans 'occupying' the Town End if we weren't segregated). They have plenty on social media who don't seem to have taken their club's drop in size/status at all well.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
It wouldn't hurt to put up a clear sign at each end of the covered home terrace that says "Home fans only". It would quickly cool any arguments - the issue I had was the lack of information inside the ground, as to where you could or could not go as an away fan - unless you asked a steward, which you shouldn't have to do.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »
Don't recall bufc ever saying the tin shed was home fans only. Certainly no signs. Once I was in you had the remarkable of you're brave or stupid, do you want your head kicked in? To which I replied no I'm being sensible trying to stay dry!
Yes we'd be the same at the town end but the club make it clear where away fans can and can't go. The Corby lads a couple of years ago got chucked out. Not seen away fans in there since (except when they have that end)