Author Topic: Safe  (Read 4576 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Safe
« on: April 04, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
Looking at previous seasons, the 46 points we have will keep us up.  Only once in the last five seasons did 46 points mean relegation.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Safe
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »
Looking at previous seasons, the 46 points we have will keep us up.  Only once in the last five seasons did 46 points mean relegation.

By that reckoning Gainsborough need to win 3 of their 4 remaining games if we are to be playing them next season.  Apart from York they play the other 3 strugglers, Ferriby, Telford and Tamworth.
United we stand..................

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:06:59 AM »

By that reckoning Gainsborough need to win 3 of their 4 remaining games if we are to be playing them next season.  Apart from York they play the other 3 strugglers, Ferriby, Telford and Tamworth.

As some of the strugglers are playing each other they won't all be able to take maximum points. That lowers the total needed for safety, and we must now be over the line.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
We literally only need 3 points, to ensure both Alfreton and Tamworth cannot catch us. These play Brackley and Kidderminster (both away) on Saturday, respectively, so I think we'll be fine!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »
We literally only need 3 points, to ensure both Alfreton and Tamworth cannot catch us. These play Brackley and Kidderminster (both away) on Saturday, respectively, so I think we'll be fine!

I think 2 points will do. Ferriby will finish bottom, Trinity can't catch us and even with 3 (unlikely) wins Tamworth can only get to 51 points. So 2 points guarantees that these 3 are below us.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
Ah yes, Trinity's defeat last night means we finish above them.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:15 PM »
Ah yes, Trinity's defeat last night means we finish above them.

A division above them!
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 07:35:53 AM »
I think we are in a unique position this season, we can affect the final destination of were the title ends up, having to play both Salford and Harrogate and at the moment we look like a team that could easily beat both.
We also might decide the future of Gainsborough and Telford, being that we play them on the last day of the season, potentially Telford might have to beat us to stay up, and Trinity might go down if we don't.
Obviously this will all depend on how we all perform over the next 3 games.
If we though win all of remaining games we could potentially sneak into the play offs, but that is a big if.
But a win tomorrow and a few results going our way could see us safe,and would you want to play a Boston side with no pressure on them,and there players playing for a contract next season, knowing that a defeat might see your automatic promotion go up in smoke, I know I wouldn't.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »
We play Salford and Harrogate, and have players on loan from both (who can only play against their parent club's rivals!).

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:54 PM »
We play Salford and Harrogate, and have players on loan from both (who can only play against their parent club's rivals!).
Yes it adds a bit more edge to it all, can't wait for it.