Author Topic: V Nuneaton  (Read 7449 times)

youngchubby69

V Nuneaton
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:35:02 PM »
Just a thought, as I understand Nuneaton are full-time aren't they, and have been for a few seasons.

Looking back over the past seasons they have had quite poor league form and final league positions.
They have also struggled financially,so my question is, why do they stay as a full time club as it is not bringing them success as yet and stretching them financially.
Can anyone shed any light on this.

Good luck to everyone today and have a very safe journey.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Nuneaton
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »
Let’s hope the match is on this afternoon. 7 matches off so far. Only Chorley, Harrogate, Kidderminster and Nuneaton still on at the moment with a pitch inspection due at Nunny in 5 minutes.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 01:00:20 PM »
Off - waterlogged - why is that not surprising :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 01:35:28 PM »
Another Tuesday night away game then, we just don't seem to be able to get any momentum going.
But player safety has to come first, and it's the same for all teams.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:52:51 PM »
It will be Tuesday 24th April, at a guess.. our only free Tuesday (after tomorrow), and they are also free.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »
That could be the date they have penciled in for the Birmingham cup final against Hednesford. Told on the way back today that it is being arranged for this Wednesday if possible, again no consideration for away supporters to arrange transport and what is the likelyhood of the ground being any better in 48hs.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
That could be the date they have penciled in for the Birmingham cup final against Hednesford. Told on the way back today that it is being arranged for this Wednesday if possible, again no consideration for away supporters to arrange transport and what is the likelyhood of the ground being any better in 48hs.
I think it forecasts rain for much of this week on and off, so I can't see it improving much either.
It's all a bit frustrating, especially for you all that travel away.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Disappointed with the late pitch inspection and subsequent postponement. Did it say anywhere there was going to be a pitch inspection ? A wasted trip - particularly as I ended up sat behind Steve Evans at the Posh game, watching him go crazy at every decision.

TEP

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »
Nuneaton asked for volunteers quite early in the morning to help with the pitch. There was obviously a problem. At least you saw a game. I set off to watch Forest v Barnsley. To be fair we have had loads of rain in the east Midlands and the local league teams (grass roots) are faced with a backlog including mine.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 09:54:51 PM »
Yes. Backlogs everywhere. I think Spennymoor have ten league games to fit in before 28th April. I see after my game today, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hot sacked. £28 to get into Posh. Ouch.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 08:06:32 AM »
Disappointed as everyone else at the late postponement and lack of information from Nuneaton. We called our home game against Southport off about 9 a.m. and Stockport postponed against us the day before! Why did Nuneaton leave it so late to postpone? What's wrong with getting a local referee to come out before fans and the away team travel? Maybe such a lack of information it is normal for Nuneaton though, I went on their forums to find out more information and they were just quoting from our Twitter feed

And talking of fixture pile-ups, lower down the pyramid 1874 Northwich have to play 23 games in 30 days. Blimey.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »
Back in Boston over the weekend so was going to get an early train to Nuneaton but a night out and terrible weather persuaded me to leave it until 10.45.
Got to Notts, waited to see a decision and was at the ticket office to book the 2nd leg of the trip when we got the news. Made it back on the Boston train with seconds to spare so wasn't totally expensive.
Return game will be doable from brum easily but another midweeker, hope I'm not too busy as I suspect it'll be the last week of the season

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
Am most put out that any rearranged date will mean that I can't use my recently gained Senior Railcard as the last train back to Oakham is halfway through an evening fixture! Such are the travails of this world.........

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
Disappointed as everyone else at the late postponement and lack of information from Nuneaton. We called our home game against Southport off about 9 a.m. and Stockport postponed against us the day before! Why did Nuneaton leave it so late to postpone? What's wrong with getting a local referee to come out before fans and the away team travel? Maybe such a lack of information it is normal for Nuneaton though, I went on their forums to find out more information and they were just quoting from our Twitter feed

And talking of fixture pile-ups, lower down the pyramid 1874 Northwich have to play 23 games in 30 days. Blimey.

Barwell (which is only a few minutes away from Nuneaton) were due to have played Coalville on Monday, but their game was called off after an 11am pitch inspection. It's a pity the same local referee couldn't have been called to drive from one ground to another and complete two pitch inspections back-to-back - it wouldn't have taken long at all to drive between Barwell and Nuneaton and the second pitch inspection could just about have been completed before most away fans needed to set out. Not sure if there are any rules around officials carrying out more than one pitch inspection on the same day (and in different leagues), but I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be allowed - surely it's just common sense?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:53:33 PM by leicester pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »

"Why did Nuneaton leave it so late to postpone?"  My guess John is they were keen to keep the cash flowing .

Posters on their forum seemed confident at 9.30 am that the pitch would be unplayable .