Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 66260 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »
Could be Chesterfield

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »
signed for Salford...……..

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
The only problem with late signings is that new players need time to gel together and practise set pieces, etc If we have a poor start to next season, I can foresee the moaning fans to come out of their shells and criticise CE. Who would be a manager?

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »
Can’t say I am overly worried yet but we have so much that detracts players from signing for us,  finances and geography being the two that stand out. I am sure Craig will get the team sorted I just hope it isn’t substantially weaker than the one we had at the end of the season.

Also think we should scrap all the end of season awards, seems difficult to hold onto the winners of them lol.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2018, 05:57:16 AM »
End of season awards are like manager of the month awards, it all goes tits up.
 JK and AH must of had a good idea that neither of them would re sign. Yet they were gushing with appreciation for the club and the loyal supporters, they were already looking forward to the next season. Just a shame they probably knew the next season was not going be at Boston.  ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2018, 06:45:29 AM »
End of season awards are like manager of the month awards, it all goes tits up.
 JK and AH must of had a good idea that neither of them would re sign. Yet they were gushing with appreciation for the club and the loyal supporters, they were already looking forward to the next season. Just a shame they probably knew the next season was not going be at Boston.  ;)
I think you are spot on with that comment, AE & JK were probably straight on the phone as they got the chance to their agent, saying get me a good deal away from Boston because I am fantastic as I have got  a trophy that says so.
All those young supporters clapping and cheering for those two singing there names, they were both heartless and two faced, knowing that they were going to leave.
Give the awards back I say, as they obviously mean nothing to them.
I will not wish both of them well, why should l they were paid to do a job, which they managed to do in the end but only when Craig arrived, until then they were below average, as the table never lies.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with every player that leaves, YC69... cut them some slack. We will replace them.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
I remember when some fans were up in arms when we let Tom Batchelor go. Rest easy, there's millions of players out there. Non league football is awash with availability. Loyalty is diminishing everywhere - be it with the supermarkets we shop at to the insurance companies we use for our Motors. Realign your expectations and you'll be more comfortable. It's a revolving door more than ever. Just thank god we only have to sit back and watch and not be out there trying to recruit players to this Lincolnshire backwater :)

TEP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2018, 02:29:27 PM »
The only problem with late signings is that new players need time to gel together and practise set pieces, etc If we have a poor start to next season, I can foresee the moaning fans to come out of their shells and criticise CE. Who would be a manager?

Players don't report back to training for another month(ish). Plenty of time!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
Player of the season awards relate to the season just gone yc69. That's all. Nowhere does it say in accepting one you've got to stay!

If players move on good luck to em. There's plenty of others and there's more to life than BUFC so try not to take player exits to heart. It'll be ok

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2018, 11:21:38 PM »

Players don't report back to training for another month(ish). Plenty of time!
[/quote

I thought I read that training was starting in June - one day a week, increasing to twice weekly in July.]

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
Think there will soon be some news now the season ticket offer has finished (today). Budget will probably be based on how well initial sales have gone against previous years. Stand by for the influx.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
Think there will soon be some news now the season ticket offer has finished (today). Budget will probably be based on how well initial sales have gone against previous years. Stand by for the influx.

I know it's a chicken and egg situation, but a few exciting early signings might have helped sell more season tickets!

youngchubby69