Author Topic: Retained list for 2018/19 season  (Read 65746 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Retained list for 2018/19 season
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »
I still think that CE will get another keeper, to win or get in the play offs we will need a keeper who the defenders can trust. IMO he has probably told GW he will be a N0 2 and I can’t see JS staying.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2018, 07:59:14 PM »
I think in fairness to Craig, Kaba frustrated him with his lack of ball control, he often gives the ball away and dose not seem to be able to hold the ball up, how many times on Saturday and against Nuneaton did he loose the ball.
The problem is we don't know how much Craig and his staff have tried to improve that part of his game in training.
If you're front men can't hold the ball up and play other players in, you loose the momentum and impetus of attack.
I think us all as fans get frustrated when that happens time and time again.
Clifton was really peed off with him on Saturday, he had a go at him once or twice.

I think that's a good summing up chubby .

At least with the release of the list we no longer have to speculate on the goalkeeping situation .

Totally agree with the above. If Smithy could have held it up 2 & just played the attacking midfielders in he would have been some player. It's not the most difficult part of being a striker but it's vital. John Toshack at Liverpool was great in the air, no pace or dribbling skills, yet his ability to hold it, not give it away or be dispossed made him formidable. Ready the imp is a non league version. The most recent we had was Mark Jones. He was quality at it, bit of skill & scorer of spectacular goals, v good in the air 2. His shortfall with us was never there 4 front or back post tap ins. Mr Southwell took care of those though 2 b fare.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »
jaz singh released by Kidd

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
Tom Denton is a free agent...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:02:23 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
Nathan Jarman is a free agent...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
jaz singh released by Kidd

He was sub for Telford on Sat.
United we stand..................

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
Joining the Tshimanga debate........whilst he scored some goals that fell to him at close range, he never really seemed to follow a game.  He always looked a bit lost, never quite knowing where he should be or where he should be running to. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »
Nathan Jarman is a free agent...

No thank you.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2018, 09:48:15 AM »
A manager at last who I think has a clear plan for the future. You can argue about some of those released but I think he has got it spot on.

He must have several players lined up if he can get them. No point in speculation.Lets just let him get on with it and look forward to next season

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »
A manager at last who I think has a clear plan for the future. You can argue about some of those released but I think he has got it spot on.

He must have several players lined up if he can get them. No point in speculation.Lets just let him get on with it and look forward to next season

Listening to him after Saturday's game he said he had two options for the positions he wants to fill if option 1 fails he will go for target two but will not just sign for the sake of signing or panic buy. Have more faith in Craig than I had in Mr Philosophy Murray.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 01:49:24 PM »
Do you know what I am loving? All the speculation on here but everyone is saying let Craig get on with it we all trust him to get the squad together to challenge next year while other clubs, particularly the likes of Stockport , Kiddy, and York the so called big clubs are expressing dis satisfaction with their managers after failing in the play offs or failing to reach them. As you all say we will support our manager to get things right.
UTP

youngchubby69

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »
 In Craig we trust, I love the fact that he said that if he doesn't get Reece he won't get hung up on it.
This shows he has as many of us have said a clear plan and will quickly move on to the next target.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2018, 04:07:51 PM »
Craig King released by Gainsborough, their fan very upset about this. The best of a bad bunch it seems.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:53:37 PM by beefpilgrim »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

youngchubby69

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 04:22:57 PM »
Craig King released by Gainsborough, theirs fan very upset about this. The best of a bad bunch it seems.
Yes I agree he is qaulity player but l would imagine the budget has been reduced quite a bit, and he probably doesn't want to drop down a league.
I think he will be snapped up quite quickly, but I don't think he will become a pilgrim.

youngchubby69

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2018, 04:29:00 PM »
Tom Denton is a free agent...
He wouldn't be a popular signing, but he would be great target man, I personally don't know if I would sign him
I would imagine he will go in search of Billy Heath.